lovelyred139

Pale-Friendly Liquid Foundations

Earlier I posted about a way to lighten a previously purchased liquid foundation that was an off color match.  Since then I've been looking for something that blends better, but I'm having a much harder time than anticipated.  My skin is quite pale -- I'm a natural redhead -- with cool tones and freckles.  I've got some redness and discoloration as the result of adolescent acne, but nothing that needs serious coverage.  I've found that if I blend to match my face, I end up with a two-toned look; my neck is essentially white as a sheet with literally one blue vein visible.  Many foundations seem to be either too yellow, too pink, or slightly orange.  I don't want to be that person who walks into a Sephora location saying "Match me" without any direction as to brands that might work, so I thought I'd ask around here.

For reference, I use Tarte's BB Tinted Treatment Primer in Fair, and it's the best match color-wise that I've found so far.  I love the product but wearing it for days on end seems to provoke cystic acne (I suspect the silicone), so I'm looking for something with a similar effect but a different formula.

SallieSunshine

Re: Pale-Friendly Liquid Foundations

(0) Hearts

YES - this. Absolutely this.

rockhound0508

(0) Hearts

By the way there is couple comments about a white bases you can add to what you have

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I know the Kat Von D Lock it Tattoo Foundation comes in some fery light colors.  I've seen a lot posts from people with very fair skin who have found KVD;s foundation to work for them, so you might try that one. :smileyhappy:

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I use Tarte's 12 Hour Foundation, and it blends perfectly tot match my neck.  I'm very fair, too, and I wear "Fair" in it.

i just found a video that focuses on foundations that are good for pale skin.  Search for Lisa Eldridge on YouTube.  She also is doing s series of vids about choosing the righshahada and even texture of foundations.  Love her!

pfor lighter coverage days, I'm sampling Aveda's Tinted Moisturizer in "Aspen" and Benefit's Oxygen foundation in "Purd 4 Sure" (recommended by Lisa).

lovelyred139

I'm so excited about all the Lisa Eldridge love I'm seeing in this thread.  Her new series is actually what encouraged me to find a true match instead of settling for something that leaves a peachy rim around my jaw.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I absolutely adore Lisa Eldridge's videos!

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Hi Lovelyred139.  Your skin sounds similar to mine.  I've never met a foundation that is too light but plently that are too dark. Here are some shades that have worked for me.

Bobbi Brown foundation in Alabaster (just noticed our site has the order wrong, Alabaster is lighter than porcelain).

swfupload_4455100069260801388.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/long-wear-even-finish-foundation-spf-15-P375909?skuId=1458793

Cover FX Natural Finish Oil Free Foundation in P20

swfupload_8834916102188462048.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/natural-finish-oil-free-foundation-P377714?skuId=1487438

Clinique Age Defense BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 30

swfupload_2124675258815056954.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/age-defense-bb-cream-broad-spectrum-spf-30-P293010?skuId=1362540

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 27 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 18 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • melanito
    • jennypenny1995
    • ladymeag
    • crayzeeRN
    • lovelyred139