StraightRhodes

Orchid/Lilac/Purple Blush

I really want a orchid/lilac/purple-y type blush but I'm having trouble finding one. Mac's Joyful would be PERFECT if it weren't so frosty. Benefit's Hervana is pretty close but not quite purple enough. Any suggestions?

lmi82

Re: Orchid/Lilac/Purple Blush

The blog, Brightest Bulb In the Box: Beauty for Critical Minds, has a post about purple blush. I could pm you the link if you want. The 3 blushes she blogs about are OCC Creme Colour Concentrate in Miriam, MUFE Powder Blush in Lavender 9, and Anna Sui Rose Cheek Color in Mystic Rose (which is definitely more of a highlighter).

StraightRhodes

Oh that would be wonderful! I would love the link!

lmi82

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Just PMed you. :smileyhappy:

EDIT: I was looking for other purple blushes and came across the indie cosmetics brand Darling Girl Cosmetics. They have a few purple blushes and you can order samples.

Panda168

I love mac full of joy. The Marc Jacobs one is beautiful also! 

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

Full of Joy, that was it, haha. I said Joyful. Oops. Yeah the color is exactly what I want but the frost finish scares me

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

Just so you know.... I wear MUFE # 09 on a regular basis and it is Very EXTREMLY Purple ! A little does go a very long way and do not be shocked that there are times when you first get it and are not quite used to wearing it that you have added one small layer too much and you have to start over and recover a large portion of your face.I am used to wearing it and have the exact application amount down pat ! My daughter is very light skinned like her father and I am a darker tone, it is too purple for her fair/light skin that she now tests all of my make up on her arm when she has been over all day and wants to do some touching up before she heads out again.

I love the shade but for those with light/fair skin, be forwarned of MUFE # 09 's " PURPLE POWER"  :smileywink:.

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

Oh dear. That's what I was afraid of. I'm super pale so....

aleishamaxime

What about Benefit Lollitint? 

StraightRhodes

I do love the Lollitint but only for my lips. Tints are very difficult for me to work with on my cheeks because I am so pale that the color tends to stain immediately and not blend out well enough, haha. 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Yeah, I find I have to be blending immediately when I apply. It's a bit fussy but once it's on nice it's soooo pretty! 

aleishamaxime

ah yeah I feel your pain. I'm fairly pale and use chacha tint. sometimes I can get it right and the rest of the time it looks like a took a marker to my face

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Haha! Yeah I feel your pain! I think the initial instructions said to do a couple strokes across your cheeks- I looked  very streaky! 

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Now I just dot it on

andyhtrieu

I think this blush will satisfy your needs. It's MUFE's blush in Lavender 9.

upload_1570186793819527654.jpg

If that's too purple, you can try Fuchsia 26

upload_7516776074906976038.jpg 

StraightRhodes

I like the Lavender for being cool-toned, but I worry it might be too dark for me. Still it's another for me to check out :smileyvery-happy: Thanks a lot!

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

you can try applying it with a fan brush to get a light application or use whatever brush you use for blush and just dab the excess powder on the back of your hands. you can also just violently shake your brush around to get rid of product :smileyvery-happy:

sn22

I have heard a lot of people on YouTube talk about a Marc Jacobs blush that comes in a similar shade. 

bratknits

Have you checked out the new Clinique Cheek Pops?  The plum one might work.

http://www.sephora.com/cheek-pop-P384996?skuId=1579069

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

No I haven't. Thanks :smileyvery-happy:

LauraBellSue

What about Sephora's Orchid Pantone blush that came out semi recently?  I haven't tried it myself, but they've certainly been promoting it like nobody's business.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • lmi82
    • sn22
    • StraightRhodes
    • aleishamaxime
    • Panda168
    • bratknits