Anicks

Oily skin

I have really oily skin, I have tried BB creams in the past & they don't help at all! I'm looking for a foundation that has sheer to medium coverage that is oil free & good for oily skin.I'd also like it to look natural and not caked on. Any advice? 

ellevee09

Re: Oily skin

(0) Hearts

Try Hourglass - Immaculate or NARS - matte foundation. Those are the ones I use. Use a beauty blender. the finish will be flawless and not cakey. :smileywink:

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You may also want to look at wearing a powder foundation since your skin is so oily you can adjust the coverage just like a liquid  foundation and using one less product may control some of your oil. Hope this helps!

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Anicks,

Try NARS Sheer Matte Foundation

Nars Sheer Matte Foundation.jpg

or Bare Minerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Bare minerals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15.jpg

Both offer a sheer to medium coverage with a a natural matte finish.  :smileyhappy: -Laura

Anicks

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much! One last question, I'm wary of using liquid foundation incase it's too oily or caky but also wary of wearing powder incase it doesn't cover as well. Thoughts?

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Same experience here with BB creams.  I have yet to find a liquid formula that doesn't slide around, cake, or settle into lines, so I've been using Lancome's Dual Finish foundation.  It's a powder formula, has a very broad shade range, lasts well over 12 hours, and doesn't cake or settle at all.  It does a decent job controlling the shine, too.  You can apply it with a dry sponge for sheer coverage or a damp sponge for more buildable coverage.  I simply love the stuff...even in the hot, humid Summer weather!

cherrybombtastic

Truthfully, I would stay away from BB creams unless you have dry skin. I feel like a lot of BB creams in the U.S. are equivalent to tinted moisturizers. While I do like Dr. Jart's water fuse BB cream, I don't even attempt to use in the spring/summer. I have combination skin that leans towards oily in the summer and dry in the cooler months for reference. As a safe bet, I use powder year round. When it's warmer, I use Murad's Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15, and it has helped with the shininess without me having to reach for the blotting papers. Then, I use Everyday Minerals over it. Everyday Minerals has formulas ranging from jojoba oil base, semi-matte base,or to matte base. So I just sampling each formula. I hope this helps and good luck!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • ellevee09
    • laurabt
    • Anicks