kaydeezy

Oily/Combination skin problems.

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Some background information that might help with my question:
I moisturize twice a day - In the morning before makeup and at night when I take it off. I exfoliate 2-3 times a week. I tend to not break out a whole lot but if/when I do, I get the huge ones.

My chin, around my mouth and nose get really dry BUT, my nose bridge is like an oil slick.

My completion is fairly even. Some redness here and there, a few acne spots (my skin scares SUPER easily), and under eye circles. My FACE makeup usually consists of some BB cream, concealer, pressed powder and blush - sometimes some highlighter. 

I am not the biggest fan of foundation - ESPECIALLY during the warmer months but if it will help my skin then I can deal with it. I realize that the oiliness might be caused by the BB Cream, I like the light coverage that the BB Cream gives.

So I guess what I am trying to say is.. What is a good face product (foundation, moisturizer, BB cream, tinted moisturizer, etc.) that can help with my oily skin BUT at the same time not dry out the rest of my face?

P.S. I like a Matte or Natural finish.

beautylovingirl

Re: Oily/Combination skin problems.

(0) Hearts

I recommend  a powder foundation if your oily now it's going to only get worse as the weather gets warmer.

ayen85

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Try the estee lauder double wear light! It looks natural without being heavy on the face.i too have combination skin,occasional dry patches on the cheeks  and oily in the t zone..i also have been trying out this moisturizing lotion,well its more like water but a bit thicker from HADALABO, which actually helped me with my dry spots,it doesnt make me oily too like before.i dont know how to describe it so just check mywomenstuff for the review!

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

I, too, have a skin type similar to what you are describing. What about using a primer or matifying skin product in your oily areas? I think of Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector or the Bliss Steep Clean Mattifying Toner Pads. If that dosen't appeal to you, I recommend the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation Mattifying Oil Free. It feels weightless on the skin, has a great medium coverage and very much helps in preventing an "oil spill". 

swfupload_8480296646579390554.jpgswfupload_646570286588898856.jpg

swfupload_2407688001342448467.jpg

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

I've moved away from liquid foundations because of the slipping they do once they melt into my skin and because they wear heavier for hotter months.  I think you should try Lancome's Dual finish foundation.  That's what I'm using, and my skin loves it.  You can apply lightly or dampen a sponge and go for more coverage where/when you need it.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • ayen85
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • kaydeezy
Photos3
  • swfupload_8480296646579390554.jpg
  • swfupload_646570286588898856.jpg