No makeup. Actually.

kbmatthews

No makeup. Actually.

I'm going to post a picture of me without makeup. Because hey, I love makeup, but I'm also working on embracing my face au naturel, too.

None of this "I'm not wearing makeup" when you're wearing a tinted moisturizer, brown mascara, and have a slight flush to your cheeks and lips. I'm talking no makeup AT ALL (No, not even clear lip balm).

This is me, about 10 minutes out of the shower.

Anyone else brave enough? :smileywink: 

Photo on 14-03-03 at 5.05 PM #2.jpg

heartsmyface

Re: No makeup. Actually.

I love your smile in the first pic! 

heartsmyface

this is awesome!  I really like the idea of this thread cause it really takes bravery to post your natural face on a makeup forum!  

notcreative

You are a beautiful girl.  If anyone on here does not need makeup, it is you.

heartsmyface

[ Edited ]

Her friends tell her that all the time!  they're  we're right! 

meagboho

You just made my day...

Everyone here is so wonderful and supportive. 

emmy89

Ah you girls look so pretty! I wish!
My profile picture is actually me without make up last summer, but now it's spring and my chronic allergic rhinitis gets waaaay worse and they cause my dark circles to be even deeper sand darker. I just hate it. :/ 
This is me right now, lazy Sunday, no makeup or anything since I haven't left the house all weekend...

try.jpg

Girly2Shoes

(0) Hearts

She sure is gorgeous!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

You're gorgeous!  dude!!!! Slap! Slap!!! 

AznAngelLiz

Lazy Sunday, running errands and no makeup on. Very rarely will I have NOTHING on but today I didn't, not even moisturizer (just SPF)

image.jpg

LariTheLoud

upload_9139462700001212913.jpg

With nada on my face, not even glasses... Except SPF, because I'm about to head out into the garden. 

heartsmyface

Kay, you know what I've been noticing?  Everyone's eyes look better with their totally natural skintone. 

What do you grow in your garden???  I started a herb garden and planted some little green trees on my deck.  I have thriving parsley, and chives and my dill is just starting to pop up:smileyvery-happy: 

LariTheLoud

Right now, I'm just getting a start! I have three rhubarb plants, some Greek Oregano, thyme, rosemary, sage, chives, and catnip. I have four hot pepper plants (Thai Red Chiles and a bunch of others I can't remember) and one Meyer Lemon Tree that I have to bring inside whenever the weather drops below 40 degrees at night. I overwinter it indoors. Right now, only one lemon is hanging on... I'm hoping next year I'll have a higher yield.

As far as everything else... My home and garden are both ancient, so I'm trying to beat back the weeds and the oak/maple trees that are growing where they are not supposed to. We have three HUGE Rose of Sharon 'bushes' that are more like trees and propagate like weeds. They bloom beautifully, just like a hibiscus, but man I hate them so much. There was one that was eaten by carpenter ants, and we tried to kill it completely, and it's still managing to make a comeback this year. I don't know how we're going to eradicate these plants that we don't want! We also have more hostias than I know what to do with, variegated euonymous bushes, day lilies, three rhododendrons, three azaleas, one hydrangea, one gigantic and ancient pine tree, one privet, a bunch of boxwoods, periwinkle everywhere, and... other things that I'm forgetting or can't recognize, lol! It's a lot of work to keep up every week, but I want it to stay pretty.

It's my first real year planting and really caring for my garden, by the way. I hope to add a few more harvest-able plants every year.

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

your herb garden sounds so big!  Mine are all in flower pots.  I wish I had more room for more herbs!   i like the idea of going outside and getting what I need! 

I feel your pain with the cutting back of plants.  We live in a forested area on the ocean so there are a lot if vines mint and blackberries that don't like to stay put!!!  We also have friggen bamboo that thinks it's allowed to just grow in our walkway!  I have a love/hate relationship with gardening.  It's a great stress reliever but it takes sooooo much energy!  lol!! 

A lemon!!!!!! That's awesome!!!! Where do you live? 

LariTheLoud

New Jersey, the southern part of the state that's much, much closer to Delaware than it is to New York. The climate technically is not good for lemons, but that's why I bring it inside for the cold months. It's done better than I would have thought over the past year. :smileyhappy: We have great soil and weather for delicious heirloom tomatoes and all kinds of fruit, though! My neighbor has a peach tree in her front yard!

heartsmyface

that's still quite the accomplishment!!  I have trouble keeping tomatoes alive, so we just buy them at costco.   I like to stick to the hardy stuff for now:smileyhappy:. It sometimes bites back and takes over though- Like rhubarb!!!  You've gotta try rhubarb banana pie!!!!

Oh wow!  Peaches!!!!   We have a friend in squamish who has fig, apple, and plum trees.  Peach trees sound so exotic! Lol!  I've been eating a chopped peach, half a cup of Greek yogurt and granola mixed up for breakfast for a couple weeks now:smileyhappy:. Yum!  

YouAreAlways

Everyone is actually so beautiful. So much so I am going to post to everyones not just a general. 

So to you Kb you are beautiful! You have such a nice fresh face and it looks like you have a great even complection. Your eye brows also look to be identical so I am jelly.

kbmatthews

You're so sweet! Everyone really is gorgeous, and we're all so hard on ourselves, when we don't need to be. 

chelssss

IMG_3315.jpg

This pals is why Sephora and other beauty stores take all my money!! I am confident without makeup but way more confident with it!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

You look so young and fresh!  Love it! 

lamper4life

(0) Hearts

Oh my gosh you have the most perfect smile!

kbmatthews

Ahh you're so cute! You could totally get away without wearing makeup!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 314 replies
  • 1030 hearts
  • 79 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • lovinglondon
    • kenny
    • killahbabe
    • chupi
    • ashhay