No makeup. Actually.

No makeup. Actually.

I'm going to post a picture of me without makeup. Because hey, I love makeup, but I'm also working on embracing my face au naturel, too.

None of this "I'm not wearing makeup" when you're wearing a tinted moisturizer, brown mascara, and have a slight flush to your cheeks and lips. I'm talking no makeup AT ALL (No, not even clear lip balm).

This is me, about 10 minutes out of the shower.

Anyone else brave enough? :smileywink: 

Photo on 14-03-03 at 5.05 PM #2.jpg

Re: No makeup. Actually.

(0) Hearts

Say what?

(0) Hearts

You're doing the Miley tongue :smileyhappy: Did your son's team win?

Haha. I guess I am! No, they did not win. :smileysad: It's his first year playing. His team hasn't won a game yet. There's two more left in the season. But he's 10 and just learning fundamentals and good sportsmanship at this age. Thanks for asking!

(0) Hearts

My son's soccer team just lost 6-1 and it's the best match they've played all season :smileywink:

(0) Hearts

How cute...you guys match!!

(0) Hearts

That we do. It is intentional. :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

you guys always look like you're having so much fun. love.

Awww thank you, Jemly! It's because we are. I'm so fortunate to have such a sweet daughter. :heart:

(0) Hearts

Great mugs!  Also, I love that you're wearing matching tshirts.  So cute.

(0) Hearts

Thanks, Mochapj! We were aiming for ridiculous. Mission accomplished I think. :smileywink:

ok, so. i swear i'm not cheating. i wanted to contribute to this thread, but forgot that was my plan and put on dark lipstick after i got out of the shower because why. not. it's dark/stains when taken off, so i'm covering my lips.

about 45 minutes ago i tried the ole henriksen lemon strip flash peel and really like it. 

nomakeup.jpg

(0) Hearts

Jelly, no wonder you look so wonderful!  Look at your skin!!!!!    Swoon! 

(0) Hearts

You skin is simply glowing! :smileyhappy:

(0) Hearts

Your skin looks fabulous!

(0) Hearts

very kind, thank you linda !

Jem, you're hilarious.  I saw the preview photo and had to come check out why you were doing that.

You look like you got caught in the middle of doing hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil :smileyvery-happy:

You do have really luminous skin.  What do you use for skin care, besides FAB pads?

i've taken the lipstick off but there's a stain. in a couple hours i may try taking another pic that's full face !

there are a few "what is your skincare routine" threads that i've posted in but i just searched and couldn't find it. 

basically, at night, i take off my makeup with a balm, cleanse with one of various non-foamy cleansers i have, use an acid toner (like the fab pads, dr. dennis gross alpha beta pads, kate somerville clarifying toner or aveda exfoliant), then use a hydrating toner (right now my favorite is simply the mario badescu facial spray with aloe herb & rosewater, which is only $7 !!), if i have a spot i'll spot treat with benzoyl peroxide (and oil). if i'm particularly dehydrated i'll put on caudalie s.o.s serum (but not everytime), then facial oil (usually clarins blue orchid oil, but also kiehl's midnight recovery oil or boots botanics facial oil), then moisturizer.

the morning i cleanse, use the hydrating facial spray and moisturize. sometimes i'll use the fab pads but it depends on what i feel i need. a couple of times a week i'll use a mask. (sometimes clay masks if i'm oily, sometimes peel masks--like caudalie enzymatic or, now, OH lemon strip flash peel--if i'm wanting/needing some oomph)

it sounds like a lot but the whole thing takes me 5 minutes. it's taken time to build a collection of skincare products, but i prioritize it.

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the detailed reply jem!  It does read like a lot, but if it contributes to the lit from within radiance you always sport, I'd say it is worth it, whether 5 minutes or 40 :smileyhappy:

My skincare regimen is simplistic in comparison and I've been looking for things to use to help me get "glowier"

You've definitely given me some things to ponder.

(0) Hearts

i actually worry when people ask what my routine is because i don't want to put them off ! if i were to give a basic routine to someone, it would be: take makeup off with a balm (pm), cleanse with a non foamy cleanser, FAB pads, moisturize. then strongly suggest a facial oil. 

(0) Hearts

i forgot to add one of my favorite things ! i use caudalie beauty elixir a lot--i have it in my bathroom and in my purse so i can grab it whenever/wherever. sometimes i use it in the "hydrating toner" stage. sometimes i spray it directly on spots because the oils help heal (applying facial oil to a forming/formed pimple--which i get on occasion, hormone related--is now my favorite way to spot treat). sometimes i spray on top of makeup. sometimes i spray because i just want to. i love it, but wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin because the essential oils in it (particularly the peppermint oil) could prove irritating to sensitive skin. but my skin loves it. 

I just got a sample of the Beauty Elixir; I'm not really sure how to use it?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments