No makeup. Actually.

No makeup. Actually.

I'm going to post a picture of me without makeup. Because hey, I love makeup, but I'm also working on embracing my face au naturel, too.

None of this "I'm not wearing makeup" when you're wearing a tinted moisturizer, brown mascara, and have a slight flush to your cheeks and lips. I'm talking no makeup AT ALL (No, not even clear lip balm).

This is me, about 10 minutes out of the shower.

Anyone else brave enough? Smiley Wink 

Photo on 14-03-03 at 5.05 PM #2.jpg

Re: No makeup. Actually.

(0) Hearts

Woah your brows! They are so perfectly shaped and full. Mine are really full too, but they are man-brows Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

Thank you! I keep a brow spooley on my bathroom sink and brush them into place every time after I wash my face and apply a moisturizer. I've noticed that after a while they started to hold their shape without any waxy pencil or brow gel.

(0) Hearts

You're so glowy solveig!  I love your glasses!!!

(0) Hearts

Thank you! It took me quite a while to find a frame that I like.

Cimage.jpg

I tried jemly's magic pads tonight (fab radiance pads) and maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like they made me a bit radiant.

I don't know.  How do you ladies quantify radiance?  

(0) Hearts

Yet another person who looks stunning without makeup.  Lucky for makeup that it's so fun to play in!  

(0) Hearts

Wow! Your skin looks AMAZING! I wish the FAB pads worked the same magic on me!

(0) Hearts

Thanks, solveig!  You look pretty radiant to me, just the same Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I just received my order including the FAB radiance pads. So far, they felt wonderful and gentle..and I was concerned because my skin is reactive. Nothing so far, fingers crossed!  Smiley Happy~KAM

I quantify radiance by whether or not my husband notices and is moved enough to mention it.  Sadly, compliments from him are much more rare from him in this decade versus the last.

awwwww, that made me sad!  You get lots of hugs from me kim!   

Hmm.  

My husband is pretty oblivious to this kind of stuff.  He doesn't really comment on my skincare, hair or makeup, except when he doesn't like it, and then it's something along the lines of 'that's a bit much, isn't it?'  

It's interesting, because he says he doesn't really like it when I wear makeup, but when we met I used to wear a lot more makeup than I do now, so I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean, lol.

I'm LOL because my BF is clueless when it comes to makeup/skincare...in fact he laughs and just shakes his head at my skincare routine because "There's so much!"...this coming from a man who washes his face in the shower with a body bar soap.

We recently went to a black tie affair, I decided to have my makeup done...All family and friends noticed as it was clearly not my usual look. The BF? Nope....So I asked him "Don't you notice anything different?"...and he's literally looking me up and down trying to find something/anything.  Earrings? No. Finally I said, "I had my makeup done".  His reply?  "Oh, looks the same to me". Head.Desk.Bang.

I think he felt bad because he immediately started to tell me how pretty I looked,etc. :/

That's a great way to quantify it Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

You look beautiful - and, yes, radiant! Smiley Happy

glowy !! 

i quantify radiance by if you feel radiant, then you are ! 

(but yeah, you are mocha)

(0) Hearts

FAB should put you on their payroll! Smiley Happy So should Nars for the lipsticks! Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

This is going to sound so strange, but because of the yellow undertones in my skin and an oily t zone, I have a tough time distinguishing between radiant glow vs greasy skin.  

Most of the time I just tell myself it's radiance, even if it's greasy, lol.

But I do like these pads, so thank you jemly!  They feel much more gentle to me than the alpha beta ones and much less burny.

(0) Hearts

You're skin does look amazing!  I am jealous!!!!!!!

(0) Hearts

Thanks carrierose!  I had my 'it's time to take care of your skin like a grownup' moment this week, so I've been trying a bunch of new stuff.

I finally remembered to take a pic before putting on my pimple stuff (nobody needs to see that).  Everyone looks so great in this thread I wanted to join!

Photo on 10-13-14 at 10.14 PM.jpg