No makeup. Actually.

No makeup. Actually.

I'm going to post a picture of me without makeup. Because hey, I love makeup, but I'm also working on embracing my face au naturel, too.

None of this "I'm not wearing makeup" when you're wearing a tinted moisturizer, brown mascara, and have a slight flush to your cheeks and lips. I'm talking no makeup AT ALL (No, not even clear lip balm).

This is me, about 10 minutes out of the shower.

Anyone else brave enough? :smileywink: 

Photo on 14-03-03 at 5.05 PM #2.jpg

Re: No makeup. Actually.

I think it'd be great to also embrace the change in texture with waves! You can have a very carefree, beachy wave look to pair up with your glasses.

Lylysa, I'm trying to embrace the texture. But I have to go shorter because my hair is getting weighted down so looks flat on top all the time, and then gets this funky flipping up going on. I'm hoping that going shorter doesn't mean it will look flat and short--hoping it will lift the hair up and be a better look for me. If not, I can always grow it back. LOL

Do you blow dry your hair or use a diffuser? If you do and don't have one, it can help amp up some volume at the roots to where you're not just aiming heat/air straight down at locks but rather touching into hair from many angles. If the top is still relatively straighter than the lower, wavier portions, maybe add some shorter layers up top so hair isn't as prone to being dragged or weighed down at the roots, that way you don't have to sacrifice all your length.

(0) Hearts

I usually just air dry my hair. I do have B&B volumizing mousse and spray but only use it (and very briefly blow dry) when I'm going out. I'm aware of some of the blow-dry tricks but tend to like my hair to go natural. I'm thinking it would dry the wavy grays a bit too, since they're coarser.

I'll likely have to use styling stuff after going shorter, which I don't look forward to. I've been spoiled all of my life with non-fussy hair.

(0) Hearts

Living Proof's Amp Volumizing Paste is great, and works well if you really want to punch up volume at roots and use a blow dryer. :smileyvery-happy: Maybe you can hair dry about half way and then just hit the roots with a bit of product and the blow dryer as that final touch.

I seriously LOVE them! Beyond the color (which is great), I think the frames themselves look really nice with your face shape! You've got the Killahbabe stamp of approval on these! :smileyvery-happy:

Well I appreciate your taking the time to give me input, let alone a stamp of approval! :smileyhappy: It's so hard getting glasses sometimes, because they're so expensive and they're such a major (literal) in-your-face investment. DH thinks I look good in pretty much anything so I needed some input from some fellow eyeglass wearers. TY.

I have matte brown with light blue underneath (on my glasses) and I feel they are pretty versatile. I actually prefer them to my black ones and I feel they look better with most of my makeup looks!

How did you DO that???  do you have super long hair?  LoL, somehow the unicorn look kinda works:smileyvery-happy: 

LOL! QUTE :smileywink:

I am afraid to do this...I have z e r o contrast in my face, you won't see anything but a white screen...a ghost shoveling marshmallows at the north pole...

nomakeup.jpg

Super lazy... still in bed

Dude!  You look fantastic.  My hair looks nowhere near that good when I wake up:/  It goes all lion Mane! 

Thanks!  Here's a little confession- my hair is sooo greasy in that pic!! haha that's what's keeping it tame!  

You are gorgeous, Sn4rky! You look amazing without any makeup on! 

Best,
Randee

(0) Hearts

Thank you! :smileyhappy:

Being a man, I usually don't wear makeup so it would be "normal". Would like to post a picture of me with makeup, but scared in case someone would tell my family. You look fantastic, like your piercings.

I'm inspired by all of your bravery to show your bare faces! Here's an iPad selfie of me and my Sophie snuggling. I think this was a goodnight picture to my husband bc he was working overnight. So, here I am showered and tired.

image.jpg

(0) Hearts

You look so happy comfy. I wish my cat would snuggle like that!  I love your lip shape!!! 

(0) Hearts

You have great brows!

Full disclosure: I have moisturizer and Chapstick on. My lips are so dry I always have *something* on them. 

image.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments