No makeup. Actually.

I'm going to post a picture of me without makeup. Because hey, I love makeup, but I'm also working on embracing my face au naturel, too.

None of this "I'm not wearing makeup" when you're wearing a tinted moisturizer, brown mascara, and have a slight flush to your cheeks and lips. I'm talking no makeup AT ALL (No, not even clear lip balm).

This is me, about 10 minutes out of the shower.

Anyone else brave enough? Smiley Wink 

Photo on 14-03-03 at 5.05 PM #2.jpg

Re: No makeup. Actually.

End of the day... Unwashed hair... Freshly sheet masked skin... Literally picking apart this whole selfie since I so rarely take them. #selfiegamesoweak

NoMakeupSelfie.JPG

(0) Hearts

i honestly think you look gorgeous - beautiful skin and hair!

IMG_20160503_134314.jpg

No makeup AND no hair product. Double whammy. (Am I the only weirdo that kind of digs their dark circles??)

13000236_621104344706105_2492344289602996950_n.jpg

This is after I removed my mask which I'll put on the mask thread, I still hadn't applied any products.

Anyway, I regret the years and years that I went without putting on sunscreen. I barely started last year... to be honest. I think it was after I met @jemly that I decided to take better care of my skin, otherwise i'd still be using harsh cleansers that i would buy from the clean and clear line. my facial skin has been getting better though and though I still have darker pigmentation on some points of my face, I don't know if they'll ever go away , maybe that's how my skin naturally is, but I'm not happy with the pigmentation around my mouth.  mainly the corners of my mouth because it makes my lips look more crooked than they are. I do have a spot here and there and that's due to all the junk food i've been binging on. 

another thing, i find it funny that my inner arms are super pale and so is my chest area then you see my outer arm and it's like a whole different skintone XD. My dad was like that too. He was very pale but since he was always out in the sun his arms were super tan but his legs were super white, haha. Ah, memories. I miss him so much. My mom and grandma and I had a good cry a couple of days ago remembering him, we were reading some bible thing (i never read it but my mom had me do it that day and it turned out to be about a dad who passed away).. and I j ust burst into tears and then they followed suit. It really helped me hear my mom say "he loved you a lot, you were the light of his life, you made him young again." anyway. sorry i sort of went off track here. 

You're beautiful. Striking really.  I can relate to the sunscreen, I wish I were more diligent with it.

You are such a natural beauty. I struggle the regrets of neglecting sunscreen and skincare (seriously not ok when I think of how I used to spend on the water or on a rock face in the summers and on the snow in the winters). My 40+ year old self wishes I could go back and talk some sense into my 16-38 year old self. 

Thank you for sharing the beautiful memory your dad. It is our hearts full of love and our minds dull of memories that make us human. 

I think your skin is glowing! You have such a natural beauty but I love all of the fabulous makeup looks you create and share on bt too ☺

What a fantastic thread! I wasn't on BT back in the time of thread creation, but it is great to see everyone's real beauty.

Here's me wearing my moisturizer (Clarins Extra-Firming, so not tinted), and that's it. Not even a hat. Smiley Very Happy

naked_1.jpg

naked_2.jpg 

Beautiful! Natural and glowy.

I don't think I've ever seen you without your hat before, SWS!

I'm so used to you wearing them that I actually did a double take to see who it was Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]

Every once in a while, I have been known to (gasp) go out in public without a hat. I feel a little naked when that is the case, even more so than without makeup. In the spirit of stripping down to bare face, I thought sans-hat was more in the spirit of things Smiley Happy 

no makeup. and andy got groomed. so we're both 'exposed' !

nomakeup.jpg

You give me serious skin envy @jemly!

ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahahahaa andy. good god. xD

Awwwwwwwwwww, this is just too cute!!!  Andy must be so happy to both see and be light as a feather!  Does he get feisty after a shave?   It's almost time for Konekos springtime shave and she gets all spazzy and happy afterwards.  

[ Edited ]

image.jpg

I really miss seeing this thread on the boards.  It's nice to have a reality check every now and then.  I've been feeling a big blue about how my face is changing shape during this pregnancy and how I no longer recognize myself when I look in the mirror.  It could be that I'm about to 'celebrate' my 35th birthday and that I'm just getting old...or a combo of the two.  Lately it feels like i'm looking at a stranger.  I thought it might be a healthy move to throw myself out there barefaced, breakout and all.  I'm wearing clear balm as I always do before bed.  

(0) Hearts

Who needs makeup when you've got such an amazing bone structure and an incredible glow!

(0) Hearts

You're stunning! Always!

I can definitely relate to how you're feeling. I just had my first baby a few weeks ago and I struggled throughout my pregnancy and still am with similar feelings, you're not alone. But you truly do look gorgeous and radiant. 

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh wow!   Congratulations on your first little critter!!!!   I know we're supposed to gain weight but it doesn't make it any easier looking at yourself in the mirror.  I've been trying to get to the gym regularly, but let's face it, it's mostly a losing battle.  

How's little one treating you?  A couple weeks ago means you're still healing, but soon you'll be able to do something to fix yourself up and feel better.  There's that at leastSmiley Happy

Thank you for your kind words!   I didn't have much of a glow until just recently.  I kinda thought I'd drawn a short straw there.  Unfortunately, glow = breakouts here and there, but at least there's the glow!  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments