exquisitetashii

Newbie to makeup and nee Foundation guidance!!

i am completely new to make up of any sort except eyeshawdow. I have recently become interested in makeup forever Hd i wold be a color 170 or 173. Now how do i use this? do i just put it straight on my skin or do i need to put something before??

julienc

Re: Newbie to makeup and nee Foundation guidance!!

(0) Hearts

Hi!  There are a ton of different foundations and formulations, so it can be overwhelming.  I've tried a lot of them over the years, and I can say that I like medium-coverage foundations best.  As the other poster said, you should moisturize before applying foundation, but it depends on your skin type as to which one is best.  if you can't decide on moisturizers, a foundation primer (Make Up For Ever HD Primer comes to mind) would be OK too.  I apply my foundation (Make Up For Ever HD foundation in 120) with my fingertips and blend as I go.  I use a loose setting powder on top of it and then apply blush and eye shadow.  One trick I learned a long time ago is to also put a very light application of your regular foundation and setting powder on my eyelids.  if you don't always use eyeshadow primer, that helps keep your eyeshadow in place all day.  :smileyhappy:

Since you're just starting out, take your time and find out what works for you.  Since you know your foundation color, that's half the battle!  :smileyhappy:  And remember... use a little at first, and if you need to apply more, you can.  Applying too much at one time can be a problem---I've done that!

Hope that helps.  

exquisitetashii

(0) Hearts

thank youo so much! Blush powder finishing???lol i am soo lost i just started using foundation and barley eyeshadow i love how blush look on some poeple but i am a light caramel color (african american) i dont know how that would look on me!!

Spoiler

annicus

(0) Hearts

You just need to find the right shade of blush to compliment your caramel color!  Some may be too sheer, but there are definitely many choices for you!  Check out Nars - they make beautiful blushes for all skin tones!

afietron

Its always good to apply moisturizer before you apply foundation. I use Triple Performing by Benefit, it is nice, but I also have dry skin. A lot of people use a face primer before they apply their foundation because it helps it stay in place, like if you get sweaty it wont streak or run. But you don't have to use face primer. It is up to you on how you want to do it. I just suggest that you make sure you use a good moisturizer for YOUR skin.

I also suggest that you stop into Sephora (if you can) and talk to one of the beauty reps. They will be able to help you choose the product that is or could be right for you. I hope I have helped.

exquisitetashii

(0) Hearts

thank you for your feedback, i appreiate it

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • julienc
    • annicus
    • afietron
    • exquisitetashii