LariTheLoud

New Tarte Maracuja Airblush??

I spotted this on Sephora's site yesterday, but google search has yielded nothing on this product. Anyone know anything about this? Any swatches? I wonder how a cream formula will perform next to their 12-hour blushes!

heartsmyface

Re: New Tarte Maracuja Airblush??

(0) Hearts

I've had this in and out if my shopping cart all week! Just needing a little shove. 

krunce

(0) Hearts

If you're into long lasting cream blushes, you should take a look at the new Make Up Forever Second Skin blushes. I just bought one and I'm absolutely in love and it lasts a loooong time.

It's a strange cream blush! You throw some on, and then kind of blend it around. It blends out really really nicely, and leaves a very airbrushes look to the blush. You would really have to try to make it look blotchy or uneven. It goes on really nicely with your fingers or with a brush. I also haven't found that blending it out disturbs my tinted moisturizer that I have on underneath.

The colour range is very very natural, and as with all MUFE things, they have it organized by numbers so darker complexions should go for colours that being with a 4 or 5, and lighter complexions, a 1 or 2. I'm wearing the 330 and it's a really natural, but still bright and pretty, pink :smileyhappy:

LariTheLoud

I already have the MUFE cream blush in 510 and I love love love LOVE it. So gorgeous, and it lasts forever. :smileyhappy: I'm glad you love it too!

krunce

YES YOU DO! Oh geez! I've looked at the photo of you with the 510 a million times trying to decide if i should buy it!

I'm in France right now and not even their MUFE staff have any make up courage so they keep discouraging me from buying it because they say I'm too fair but I don't think I'll be able to resist the 510 much longer...

LariTheLoud

HAHAHAHA! You know you want it! I can't believe they're discouraging you. It's totally possible to use it on fair skin, you just need to start very small and very light. C'mon, French Make-Up Artists, you can do it!

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

They're not quite new, they just haven't been at Sephora until now.  It's a decent blush, more like a cream than a powder.  Blends nicely, though I didn't use the brush that is recommended:  I used my fingers.  Color is good but on the shimmery side.  It also doesn't last as long as the 12-hour blush, though, nor is the color selection as expansive as the powder blushes.  Not a bad blush but not my go-to.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Good to know. I'll probably skip it, I was just curious. :smileyhappy: Thanks!

eriles

These have been at Ulta for quite awhile. I played with them in store ages ago and they are nice. The texture is kind of hard to describe but they are very soft. Almost bouncy? They are pretty shimmery but the shimmer seemed to be more refined and not chunks of glitter. I think they would be good for summer because they give a very dewy glow to the skin. Unfortunately I didn't wear it on my face so I can't comment on wear time. The color payoff was nice when swatching on my arm. I was so close to purchasing but I resisted the urge because I have more than enough blushes!

I think even though these have been out for awhile, everyone gravitates to the 12 hour blushes so that's probably why you can't find anything via google! Hope that helps. Sorry I don't have swatches! 

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

AHA. I can't easily get to an Ulta where I live, so I rarely, if ever go to an Ulta store. :smileysad: If I ever find myself out there I'll investigate, but I have so many lovely cream blush formulas and I'm not sure about the shimmer. Thanks for the info!

eriles

(0) Hearts

Yeah I definitely wouldn't make it a point to go all the way there just to try them. They aren't bad but if you love the color range of the 12 hour blushes and already have found some favorites, I just found it isn't worth straying! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • krunce
    • snowshoe
    • eriles
    • heartsmyface
    • LariTheLoud