andyhtrieu

New NARS Matte Multiple

[ Edited ]

Do you think these will be better than the original?

NARS-Matte-10662.jpg(L-R) Cappadoce, Vientiane, Altai & Laos

NARS-Matte-10663.jpg(L-R) Siam, Exumas & Anguilla

These will be released April 14 at NARS counters

source: Beautezine

DiVWA

Re: New NARS Matte Multiple

(0) Hearts

Oops, sorry about the dup reply. Sephora BB is acting weird the last few days. I can't even click on the Advice tab w/o some error coming up.

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

It's a weird concept to me that a product could be used on lips, eyes and cheeks. Even just lips and cheeks--totally different types of skin there.

Assuming it could be used in all those places (and I know from experience that crayon type things don't work well with my eyes, so that would leave the lips and cheeks), what holds me back from using this is that it's a roll-up tube of something. If it were more narrow like a lipstick, it may be okay for lips, but as it is, it's too thick to apply reasonably well on the lips w/o using a separate lip brush (this from someone who returned a Sugar lipstick because of this same issue).

As for the cheeks, which would be the primary reason that I would purchase this product, its form is too awkward for me to use. I don't mind as much having a cream blush in a compact, since I can just scoop a tiny bit out with a clean tiny spatula, transfer this to back of hand (to warm up) or a small plate, and then apply to cheeks with clean finger or cream-blush brush. But having a tube thing that rolls up, just not sanitary or user friendly to me. That is what holds me back from buying the Tarte blushes too.

I realize this is a personal preference and many women swear by the Nars Multiple and the Tarte cheek blushes, but I just can't get past the blush tube concept.

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

I think it is strange to use it on all these different areas as well. I'd probably just stick to my cheeks. I have a Tarte blush similar to this and I find it user friendly for me. I just put on a streak and blend it out.  I actually quite like how it looks, so I'm a bit intrigued by these. 

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

It's a weird concept to me that a product could be used on lips, eyes and cheeks. Even just lips and cheeks--totally different types of skin there.

Assuming it could be used in all those places (and I know from experience that crayon type things don't work well with my eyes, so that would leave the lips and cheeks), what holds me back from using this is that it's a roll-up tube of something. If it were more narrow like a lipstick, it may be okay for lips, but as it is, it's too thick to apply reasonably well on the lips w/o using a separate lip brush (this from someone who returned a Sugar lipstick because of this same issue).

As for the cheeks, which would be the primary reason that I would purchase this product, its form is too awkward for me to use.  I don't mind as much having a cream blush in a compact, since I can just scoop a tiny bit out with a clean tiny spatula, transfer this to back of hand (to warm up) or a small plate, and then apply to cheeks with clean finger or cream-blush brush. But having a tube thing that rolls up, just not sanitary or user friendly to me. That is what holds me back from buying the Tarte blushes too.

I realize this is a personal preference and many women swear by the Nars Multiple and the Tarte cheek blushes, but I just can't get past the blush tube concept.

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

I haven't tried the old ones, and I guess I won't now lol.  I hope these are nicer, some of the colors are pretty. I want a light pink blush, but I can't seem to find one that is noticeable. 

poemelyric

I'm probably the only person on here that actually loves the Multiples but I wouldn't buy these purely because they are matte.  I like the simmer and I personally think that they are great for highlighting and I occasionally use them on my lips.  Maybe It's skin tone difference?  I have a deep complexion and I find that these show up well on my skin.  Especially South Beach and Lamu.

ashhay

(0) Hearts

While, I have never tried to original multiples because I am more into dewy than shimmer on my face. being a woman of color (NC42 for reference) I would definitely be interested in trying the bronze shades as well as the poppy red. I love cream products so I will be giving at least two shades of the matte multiple a try. Bottom line people like what they like. Some people swear by smashbox products whereas my personal take is meh....I can take it or leave it.

marydiva

Great edit - I think that minus all the shimmer...there's a POSSIBILITY that the matte version might be better than the Original, which was a hot mess, haha. 

beethousand

I'm going to try the lightest one for contouring, but I don't have high hopes

spoiledbrat

If you do not know first hand how good or awful they are, then why are you recommending them?  People commenting on products they have not used is frowned upon on BT and when rating products on the product page of the Sephora site.

We will just want to help you as you are new.  Further, I would suggest you read the Welcome and Getting Started section of BT for the parameters of navigating the murky waters of BT.  Sephora wants you to have a wonderful BT experience, and this will assist you and other BT members!  Enjoy!  ha ha crocodile funny!

rdesigns

[ Edited ]

I am beginning to think this is spam. 

Edit: not you spoiledbrat.  The posts about products that are not used by the person posting them just looks rather spammy to me.

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

excuse me? This is NOT spam. I just wanted people know what's coming for spring/summer

jojobe

there is a board for that... spring 2014 ! Otherwise the front page is clogged up. 

rdesigns

(0) Hearts

Well, it is good to know it is not spam, but it is generally very frowned upon to post reviews of products that you have never even used.

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]

this isn't a review though... It was supposed to be an update on what's new...,

edit: i fixed the original post so it sounds less like a review. the quote/description of the product was from beautezine.

rdesigns

Sorry if I offended you with the spam comment, but there are a lot of people who try and spam this forum.  Your fix makes it look less like an advertisement and more like an invitation to discuss the product :smileywink:

spoiledbrat

Amen. People that agree with me, my favorite kind of people! :smileyvery-happy:  The multiple blows pies in all areas except maybe one or two that can be used for face color/blush.  Who in there right mind would wear these colors or formula on their eyes?  A total waste of money.  I would rather have 36 e.l.f. products than one multiple.  It is true, no one wants them.  Thanks for ruining my plans to stuff one in a TSB!

Keep smilin'....keep shinin'....knowin' you can always count on me...for sure....that's what friends are for...in good times.......lah lah la la la........ :smileyvery-happy:

bombshell30

[ Edited ]

Andy, you should give the multiple a try before you recommend it. They have always been drugstore quality and the majority hate them! I'd caution you that women get very cranky when they feel they have wasted their makeup money. If you are going to vouch for something you need first hand experience that the product is awesome. 

andyhtrieu

I had no idea these were that bad hahah. I just thought maybe someone wanted to try these since they're matte or someone could give the multiple a second chance

joeanne

Thanks Andy. I have one of the original ones - can't remember the name - and while I kinda like it, it's not something I reach for often. The matte is interesting, but as others have said, it's not my favorite product. I know magazines are always touting The Multiple as Nars' best product, but I only found it marginally good as a blush.  The matte colors do look nice, and I'll be interested in seeing what reviews say about the matte texture.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 88 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • spoiledbrat
    • ashhay
    • marydiva
    • poemelyric
    • jojobe
    • bombshell30