marydiva

New Guerlain Meteorites?

I don't think Sephora has Teint Rose, Teint Beige or Teint Dore anymore! I looked up the Guerlain Meteorites as a potential purchase come the New Year and I was suprised to see 1) the packaging looks different and 2) it's featuring three new shades.

http://www.sephora.com/meteorites-powder-for-the-face-P266308?skuId=1578277

Now, the shades listed are Clair 02, Medium 03 and Dore 04. 

It looks like Clair is the lightest, Med is a bronzer/blush type finish, and Dore is for dark skintones. 

quotidianus

Re: New Guerlain Meteorites?

(0) Hearts

Has anyone played around with the new meteorites much and feel there might be a slightly dif formula.  The (very werid) reason I ask is that I have other versions, but wore the new (02 Clair) today and my little girl (pup) came up while I was sitting on the bed getting ready and sniffed the h*** out of my face, then tipped her head to the side, sniffed me again, laid down and huffed.  So I put on the Tient Rose just a bit ago and she totally ignored me.  It was the silliest thing, and now it has me wondering what's changed.

It's much of a muchness, though.  I l-o-v-e the 02!  It's really just curiosity.

anb0906

I'm going to finally try my Teint Rose Meteorites tomorrow for the first time. Should I use them on my entire face, or just jawline/nose/cheekbones, etc? I have oily skin, so I wasn't sure.

AznAngelLiz

The Teint Rose is light enough to use as a setting powder for your whole face. I have all three old and new and I use the lightest for that purpose. Depending on your skin tone (I'm medium with yellow undertones), you can use the Teint Beige/Medium as an all over the face powder as well. I use the darkest to contour or to give me a bronze-y glow. 

anb0906

(0) Hearts

Thank you! <3

ghkim

(0) Hearts

can you tell us your thoughts on new vs old formulation?

AznAngelLiz

The new formula is definitely more finely milled and will appear more 'sparkly' than the old ones. To me, it's more of a glow than sparkly but I don't know what other word to describe it. I definitely like the Teint Rose better than Clair but I like the Medium and Dore better than the old formula. 

What I don't like is the fact that the price is higher and there is less product. I opened the new ones and was like "ummm, they must've sent me a used one" because it was like half full...but upon more research, that's how they are packaged now. 

I think Rikkie has a post up about the new ones if you want to check it out. She has way more info on them

anb0906

(0) Hearts

Yes, please? Are the new ones more glittery than the old ones? That's what I read, but if you have such a variety of them, so maybe you have more to compare to. It was recommended for me by the BT ladies here to get the old version for this reason. 

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

Before Christmas, I went on eBay and got the smaller sized teint beige that was in the three-piece set that had been broken up.  I don't know how it compares to the new formulas.  But rikkie liked these colors really well and they compliment my light, warm complexion better than the new ones.

anb0906

Does anyone know which looks better on fair to light skin, with neutral undertones, and very little shimmer? Before I bite the bullet on the meteorites and the brush, I'd like to make sure I got the right one! (live 2 hours away from any store that would sell it.)

ghkim

i think the teint rose (clair 02) would look best on fair to light skin but the medium (03) is going to give you just about the same look, so you could go either way. both are going to give you a glow, or a radiance, but not a shimmer in the same way that, say, mary loumanizer would. if you only like a purely matte look, you may want to reconsider the purchase, but otherwise i think you will be happy with meteorites. do let us know what you decide and what you think because from here until rtsb 4 comes my way, i will be stalking your likes/dislikes.

anb0906

After reading the reviews, it looks like ppl don't like the Clair 02. Now, I'M Wondering if I should get the Medium 03, since it has less shimmer. The reviews say it has more shimmer in this formula of Clair 02, and this concerns me. Has anyone tried the new Meteorites yet? If so, what s your take on the color you chose? 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

Where did you reviews about the re formulation? I googled it and didn't see much. Do people like Clair less than last year's Teint Rose? If so I may need to buy backups!

anb0906

(0) Hearts

I saw the couple Sephora reviews and bing searched websites online. It seems people like the older (bigger, cheaper, less glittery) version better. Idk where to even buy the old version!

anb0906

Where's spoiledbrat and rikkie? I bet they have them! :smileywink:

anb0906

Thank you! That's what I was thinking, too. I'll probably go with Clair 02 as soon as the brush is in stock. From what I hear, it is magical with the right brush. I do prefer matte (but not fake matte, you know?) because I'm a greaseball, but I think this will give me a more natural look, especially since I'm about to try powder foundation (Bare Minerals matte, finally) The combo sounds wonderful together, so I guess we'll see.

marydiva

I'm waiting until the brush comes into stock as well! :smileyhappy: I think there's actually a new brush being released for them as well. 

anb0906

(0) Hearts

So excited! They need to hurry up, so they can take my money!

marydiva

I know!! I think I actually like the look of Clair 02 better than Teint Rose so I'm super excited. I was originally going to get Teint Rose, but I held off and waited. SO glad I did, the new ones look even prettier. 

lizie

(0) Hearts

YES!!!!! I was waiting for Sephora to start selling these since I saw them at Neiman Marcus! Unfortunately all my spending money went with the holidays...just going to have to wait.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

Darn, now I really want to get some!  I keep hearing how great they are I think now is the time to try them.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 49 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • marydiva
    • ChicDabbler
    • sangova
    • Missie772
    • AznAngelLiz
    • wingatprsct