chiararaiden

New Foundation

(0) Hearts

I am looking for a light to medium buildable matte to natural finish foundation.  I am currently using Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H, and all of a sudden hate it, and I finally discovered because it's too heavy.  I have pink undertones, golden brown eyes, and pitted acne scars.

Thank You!

emmaclaire

Re: New Foundation

Make Up For Ever HD is very popular - it didn't work with MY skin but I think that's kind of unusual.  It tends to work better on less oily skin, so dry, normal, or slight combination would all be fine I think.

Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Airbush foundation is awesome and feels so nice on the skin - very airy and natural but it has a great natural matte finish (very unique finish, not flat matte or powdery, but not satiny or dewy - it's great).  You can't get that at Sephora, but Nordstrom and smaller high end boutiques often carry it, as well as Sak's and possibly Neiman Marcus.

Smashbox Studio Skin is an awesome foundation too.  It has a fairly thick consistency that tends to provide more medium coverage, but can be sheered out with different application (like a damper BeautyBlender).

YSL Teint Eclat is really stunning and radiant, and it has a light to medium coverage with a very dewy finish.  It's wonderful for drier skin, but doesn't work as well with combination or oily skin.

I also agree with the suggestions for Dior and Chanel foundations - they are exquisite and definitely worth swatching and/or sampling!

jennypenny1995

Clinique's Perfectly Real foundation is good (would wear it if I could tolerate a liquid).  Good shade selection, evens out redness, gently smoothes skin.  Of all the liquids I've tried, I like it best.

chiararaiden

(0) Hearts

I was planning to look at UD Naked, but I will definately look at the others suggested as well.

Thank You all for the advice!

I truly appreciate all the help! 

KayyLynn

I have pink undertones and the same acne scarring as well, I just sampled Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua and I LOVE it! I plan to purchase next week. All my other foundations are Medium-Full coverage but the Chanel would def be light-Medium. It feels so light on the skin and I think it will be great for summer. I bought the Long lasting face powder this week, I paired the two today and fell in love!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I did too, once I sampled it I had to buy it lol 

beautylovingirl

A few suggestions would be:

1. Dior's Forever flawless foundation.

2.Shiseido's The Makeup powder foundation

3.Lorac's wet/dry foundation

Hope this helps!

garnett

I am loving the Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation.  It gives good buildable coverage and has a semi matte finish. A little goes a long way.   It comes in many colors so I am sure you will find a shade that works for you.  The shades are numbered and it's easy to pick the pink (cool) tones because they are the numbers that end in .5  I have a light complexion so I wear 3.5  If I wanted a foundation that has a yellow (warm) undertone I would choose the 3.0   Urban Decay makes an excellent foundation brush that I would highly recommend.  The Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush allows you to get a beautiful finish and use a very small amount of product while getting good coverage.  If you don't want that brush I would say any good domed (not flat) foundation brush would be good.

aviscardi

I was just going to say that one. Another light-med cvg is mufe hd. both have similar textures and finishes. and last the same  on me

ellevee09

Try hourglass immaculate. I recently purchased it and I'm lovin it. Ask for a sample at sephora. Try it out. Keeps me matte all day. Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • aviscardi
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • ellevee09
    • garnett