taraek

Need help with Foundation Brands

[ Edited ]

I haven't worn foundation in ages.  I've been wearing mineral powder only.  However, I just had my second child, am turning 32, and would like to start looking flawless again!  I honestly don't even know where to start.  I have combination skin.  Parts are dry, but I also get breakouts.  I don't even know whether I want liquid, powder, etc.  My skin is a rarer color, very fair with pink/blue undertones.  I guess in its simplest form, my basic question is if you only had one makeup counter/brand to send me to look at, what would it be?  And do you have any advice for me?

Price is not important - I'll pay anything to look radiant again!  I do prefer 'luminous' looks, not matte.  And I do feel like the powder sometimes makes my skin look drier.  I need a little bit of coverage due to some sun spots and acne marks.  BB isn't doing it for me anymore.  Years and years ago I was happy with my liquid Prescriptives foundation ... but it's not made anymore.

taraek

Re: Need help with Foundation Brands

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the great tips!!! I ended up trying several and YSL Touche Éclat in beige rose was a near perfect match. And I liked the finish as well. We will see if it holds up to my mommy job! If not I'm going to run through all the rest of these suggestions- and yes I LOVE my Caudalie Beauty elixir. 

tclack

I'm super pale w/ pink/blue undertones as well, and I'm currently loving the lightest shade of the Korres Mineral Foundation. If you want a more dewy look you can spritz on a setting spray or elixir (my fave is the Caudalie beauty elixir) after applying the powder foundation to set it and make it look less powdery. Good luck!

beautylovingirl

Kat Von D foundation, your still a mom and I know the busy mom thing, this foundation is going to get you thru your day and has a satin smooth finish with amazing staying power.Hope thus helps!

jennypenny1995

I used to use Bare Minerals but could never find a shade just right.  Then, I moved on to Clinique, but...same problem.  Very few companies offer light enough shades!

I'm in my 30s, too, and I've been VERY impressed with the buildable coverage of Tarte's 12-Hour Foundation.  It controls the shine really well, but it doesn't make me look cakey or pasty because of it being too drying.  I apply it with my fingers (clean, of course), so it's quick, easy, and spreads almost like a lightweight mousse.

Tip: Have you tried Murad's Anti-Aging blemish-prone line yet?  That's been the key for me, too, because brands often give blemish help but aren't doing anti-aging anything.  Murad is extremely gentle and doesn't strip me, but it cleared my existing blemishes after 1 try.  Literally.

Good luck!

PoisonLipgloss

[ Edited ]

I`d look at some `Combination Skin Foundation Reviews` for High end on YouTube first, I watched so many vids before going to Sephora and sharing, consulting with an employer before I purchased. I couldn't make up mind the first time so I when I finally did I was sure to get samples of my second and third choices, remember you can always return

lylysa

[ Edited ]

Taking into consideration all the tidbits about your skin and your wants, check out these products:

-MUFE HD foundation

A satin finish with buildable coverage for a natural look that also helps to soften and diffuse the look of any imperfections in the skin be it fine lines or dark spots, has quite the range in colors.

-Urban Decay Naked Skin foundation

A dewy-matte finish that leaves skin feeling properly hydrated with humectants, boosts skin with antioxidants and peptides, buildable coverage, to best find your shade, Google "Urban Decay Naked Skin Chart" and it'll pull up the UD page where you get color swatches and photos of people wearing the foundation as a better gauge to color match yourself.

-Tarte Maracuja Foundation

Mineral based pigments enriched with the botanical oil from the maracuja fruit, which is antioxidant rich to help with dark spots, buildable coverage, come in various neutral undertones to balance out extreme red or yellow in skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • tclack
    • taraek
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • PoisonLipgloss