Clumsy26

Need help with CC !

I recently cleared a huge amount of acne and whiteheads on my face (thanks to Boscia and Origins) but some parts of my forehead and cheeks have post-acne scars that are so hard to hide. It sucks that my face finally becomes smooth but there are spots in some area. 

I like to have all-in-all kind of product and someone recommended that CC cream is very helpful since I want a moisturizer, sunscreen and don't wear makeup at the same time. 

Though I don't wear make up everyday, there are times that I use liquid foundation, but they don't cover the spots - they do lighten it up, but the spots are still so visible under the daylight.

I wonder if there's something that I can use to cover up and at the same time, assist with the healing of those spots! Recommendations please!!

DTalksAll

Re: Need help with CC !

(0) Hearts

The AmorePacific CC compact is buildable to medium-full coverage. It's expensive, but it includes a refill pack. 

laurabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Clumsy26, a CC Cream will not give you coverage.  Think of it as a primer that helps to smooth and even out your skin tone, with added skincare benefits.  You can certainly wear it alone, for a "no makeup" look, or you can wear it under your makeup to enhance your complexion & skin tone even more.  So for covering blemishes, you would still need to apply concealer where needed to get a flawless look.  Hope this helps! :smileyhappy: -Laura

Clumsy26

(0) Hearts

Hi laura - thank you very much for the input. What kind of concealer would you recommend? My spots have lightened so much since I switched to Boscia and Origins, but there are some old marks that still need coverage. 

melisa16

(0) Hearts

I don't which CC cream would be good, since I have not tried that many so far. But if you're looking for coverage, I would say don't go with the Ole Henriksen CC, in my opinion it's just a moisturizer with a slint tint

Clumsy26

(0) Hearts

Yup, I got Ole Henriksen CC as a sample and it really isn't what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input! :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

I would suggest checking into Peter Thomas Roth or Ole Henriksen for their CC options as theirs offer a varied color range and are packed with vitamin C rich ingredients to help even skin tone and help brighten.

swfupload_4307765269611324817.jpg

swfupload_6040334357826104896.jpg

Try getting samples at your local store to test their opacity with what you need. You might have to dab a bit of concealer on extra problem areas, but CCs will at least have treatment based ingredients to target discoloration.

The Ole one is currently available in sample size (pick 3 with any online order) and as a 100 point beauty perk if you can cash in!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 5 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • melisa16
    • lylysa
    • laurabt
    • Clumsy26
Photos2