loveallmakeup

Need a new powder!!!

(0) Hearts

hello, i am in need of a new face powder. I have tried quite a few but they either don't do the job or the shade is incorrect. i have combination skin with a light to medium complexion(more medium though), in mac shades like a nc25 to nc30. I need a powder that will give me a natural or satin finish(not a dull,matte finish) but it will control my oil at the same time! I have used maybelline dream matte powder(in sand and honey) but it was dull looking, ysl matte and radiant pressed powder(it was amazing but i used shade 4 which was too grey for my complexion), este lauder lucidity translucent pressed powder(did not control oil), and i am currently testing the tarte provocateur mineral pressed powder but it is too dark. i am open to any suggestions and i am okay with spending money on a powder that is up to $50. thank you very much!

beautylovingirl

Re: Need a new powder!!!

(0) Hearts

My personal favorite is the MUFE HD powder. It only takes a very small amount to set your whole face and by a small amount I mean only what is left in the lid when you open it.  I love it and it last forever. Hope this helps!

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

I really love Dior powders, but they can go a bit warm so if you're very cool toned like me they might not work perfectly.  Generally they are beautifully made and manage to look radiant and pretty while controlling oil well and keeping you naturally matte.

Make Up For Ever has a new powder foundation that a lot of beauty bloggers are raving about, and they have great color options! It's called Pro Finish.

I have also gotten really great oil control from Chanel's Double Perfection powder.  That one's only available at Nordstrom/Chanel counters (not Sephora) and it's definitely pricey!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try looking into Benefit's Hello Flawless, which can be used as a powder foundation or a finishing/touch up powder (the sponge gives full coverage and brush gives lighter coverage) which is super fine, so it doesn't look super dry or chalky on skin.

If you don't want something with a tint, try Too Faced's Absolutely Invisible Powder, it contains seaweed extract and vitamins, has a natural finish, and is very silky in texture.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • lylysa
    • loveallmakeup
    • beautylovingirl