JessieJ2912

Need a great product for EXTREMELY oily, acne-prone skin. Want to fake and great complexion!!

Hello.  I'm a bit of a makeup dummy.  For several years I've tried many different products, affordable and expensive, in search for something that would work great with my skin type and tone.  I have a good skin cleansing regimen and moisturizer, it's just the makeup I need help finding.  I have EXTREMELY oily skin that is prone to break-outs.  I've been using Almay clear complexion powder for fear of breaking-out, but it just doesn't give me the coverage I'd like.  I do not like the feel of liquid foundation.  It's too heavy and it tends to make my face look and feel even more oily than it already is.  I like to wear pressed powder because it is easy, and there are those made for acne-prone skin.  However, I've yet to try one that was mattifying and gave me great coverage.  Is there some magical product I can use that is best for extremely oily, acne-prone skin, that will mattify,  give me great coverage, and last for several hours? Also, I don't want anything heavy.  I live in Texas where it is extremely hot and humid.  Liquid makeup is a mess with this weather!  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I have an tan, olive-toned skin.  Please and thank you!!  Oh, I've also tried Pur and Bare Minerals, and while they didn't seem to irritate my break-outs, I was not happy with the coverage and cakiness of the powders.  Thanks again!

pinkonyx

Re: Need a great product for EXTREMELY oily, acne-prone skin. Want to fake and great complexion!!

OH MAN!  I have similar skin and similar issues, The best thing I've ever found was discontinued but you can still get it on ebay or amazon, its called Cargo wet/dry foundation. If you don't feel like going down that road, I would just tell you to look for a wet to dry foundation that's oil free with buildable coverage. Good luck.

Mollycj

Re: Need a great product for EXTREMELY oily, acne-prone skin. Want to fake and great complexion!!

MUFE Mat Velvet is incredible. It's water proof and heat resistant so you don't have to worry. It works wonders with oily skin.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I would suggest that you look into the Color FX products they seem to be really great products for your skin type.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Hi, JessieJ2912!  I used to use the MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder as a finishing powder and was pleased with it.  The only reason I no longer use it is because my local Sephora no longer carries it.

laurabt

[ Edited ]

Hi JessieJ2912, for the best oil control, I recommend layering mattifying products starting with your skincare & extending into your makeup.  Here's some suggestions:

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment & Moisturizer

Philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment & Moisturizer.jpghttp://bit.ly/14AuZ6A

Becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector.jpg
http://bit.ly/XkwC6q

Sephora Collection 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation

Sephora 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation.jpghttp://bit.ly/WUJSyD

Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder

MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder.jpghttp://bit.ly/UM5NcY

:smileyhappy: -Laura

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • beautylovingirl
    • Mollycj
    • Titian06
    • pinkonyx
    • laurabt
    • JessieJ2912
Photos4
  • MUFE Super Matte Loose Powder.jpg
  • Philosophy Clear Days Ahead™ Oil-Free Salicylic Acid Acne Treatment & Moisturizer.jpg
  • becca Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector.jpg
  • Sephora 8 HR Mattifying Compact Foundation.jpg