TiffWaisner

Need Help with finding a product I can love and use for years to come :)

Can't seem to find  a foundation that I love. I am a blonde with blue eyes and fair skin. I have dry skin with the occasional break outs. oh and Dark circles...lol! I am 32. What would you recommend?

beautylovingirl

Re: Need Help with finding a product I can love and use for years to come :)

(0) Hearts

Some more suggestions for you to look at would be Diorskin nude skin glowing makeup, I love the YSL Touche Éclat for covering my dark circles. Also love the Diorskin nude concealer. Hope this helps! 

laurabt

[ Edited ]

Hi TiffWaisner, I don't know how dark your under-eye circles are, and if you've had them your whole life (hereditary) or just started getting them (environmental).  I'm pretty fair skinned and I have had dark circles since I was a baby.  However, they have gotten darker as I've gotten older.  They're really hard to cover! 

What I use is Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Peach, and then set it with Bare Minerals Multi-Tasking Face in Well Rested (yellow ivory/ eye brightening shadow base for all skin tones).  This gives me the best coverage and lasts all day.  If yours aren't as dark, you could probably get away with just one of these products.  Of course, don't forget to hydrate under your eyes so that your makeup goes on nice and smooth! 

Bobbi Corrector.jpg

http://bit.ly/11zPqht

BE Well Rested.jpg

http://bit.ly/19rrRiY

:smileyhappy: -Laura

lovelyred139

(0) Hearts

I have a similar skin type -- dry with occasional breakouts -- and I've really been loving Lancome Teint Miracle.  It's a hydrating foundation with a finish I'd describe as satin.  I love how lightweight it is and that it doesn't aggravate my breakouts.  It's definitely a light-to-medium coverage formula -- great for redness and discoloration but not something I'd use for serious correction. Sephora doesn't carry the entire shade range, so if you can't find an exact match it's worth checking a department store counter or Lancome's website.

MercedesH14

(0) Hearts

urban decay skin is so nice! I use it and its so lightweight and easy to blend. It doesn't make me breakout and doesn't give you oily skin like others. I would recommend it to anyone!

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hi TiffWaisner,

What sort of finish are you interested in? Matte? Satin? Dewy? Since you have skin that is on the dry side I would personally recommend going with a satin (which is very natural looking) or a dewy foundation for extra hydrating benefits.

Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation is an incredible product for someone that wants a satin finish. What I love most about this foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy or dry on the skin.

swfupload_8446808731016520940.jpg

Make Up For Ever's HD foundation has been a cult favorite for years and with good reason. This foundation works well for all skin types and provides one's complexion with a soft focus camera ready glow.

swfupload_2098294555011138785.jpg

Since you stated that you have dark circles I would recommend pairing either of these foundations with a full coverage concealer.

Benefit's Erase Paste is a superb option for someone with darkness around the under eye area. Simply apply a little product under the eye and then begin your foundation routine :smileyhappy:.

swfupload_732389085824728942.jpg

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • janinebt
    • beautylovingirl
    • lovelyred139