Spieluhr

Natural/Organic Powder Foundation?

(0) Hearts

An eco-chick with oily-skin, here. I use Tarte's powderful, and it's great, don't get me wrong. I go bonkers for Tarte... but I'm not so crazy about trying their new Amazonian clay powder, and the powderfull refills (listed on their site) in my skin tone haven't been in stock for a loooong time. So I'm looking for a new light-medium coverage powder foundation that comes in porcelain or fair with a pink undertone. 

Has anyone tried Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation? Or does anyone have any other natural/organic/cruelty-free powder foundation they would like to suggest? :smileyvery-happy:

mafan

Re: Natural/Organic Powder Foundation?

I've got the Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation.  The color that I have is too dark for me in the winter and I haven't worn foundation in a while, but now that I have a bit more color I bet it looks better.  It feels nice on the skin.  I was able to wear it all day out at Disney World without at all having the feeling of my makeup being cakey or uncomfortable (or really oily, though my skin is not a really oily type).  I like their finishing powder.  It feels smooth and light and I'll apply it on top of my BB cream if it's going to be a humid day. 

It does get a bit all over things because it's quite fine.  I keep the jars in a different makeup bag than other things to keep things from getting messy.  Goodness knows I've got enough of them around!

dianabt

Hi Spieluhr,

I have tried the Korres Wild Rose Mineral but own the Wild Rose Compact Powder which I love. It's super light weight and not too dark on the skin either but it was great for setting liquid makeup, concealer or on its own. :smileyhappy:

Korres - Wild Rose Compact Powder

The Korres Mineral does feel very soft and smooth on the skin (just like mafan says and I entirely agree!)  I'd suggest you visit your store and try each one out- Whichever one you decide to keep or not keep you can take the other back to the store. Enjoy!

Korres - Wild Rose Mineral Foundation

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
Spieluhr

(0) Hearts

Thanks to the both of you! :smileyhappy: I think I'm going to give this a try.

cherrybombtastic

I use Everyday Minerals. I rarely try new powder foundation because I've since discovered that a lot of powders contain bismuth or corn starch, so I use Everyday Minerals because I have acne-prone skin. I have combination skin that leans towards oily (more like sweat!) in the summer and dry spots in the winter. I hope this somewhat helps and good luck in finding the right foundation for you!

Spieluhr

Thanks! I'll have to give that a try. It's been strange for me. At first, I hated powders... could never find one that suited me until recently (many years later). Then I used some tinted moisturizers that are apparently for the oily and acne prone... nope! lol Tarte has been working fine for me, even though I know that it isn't completely organic. I just liked how you can refill your foundation whenever you ran out, but it seems like they are marketing their other powder foundation more. :smileysad: I'll have to look into Everyday Minerals, though! I've also recently found the 100% Pure Cosmetics line... not sure how "100% pure" it is, but I'm going to research more into them, too. Thanks again!

cherrybombtastic

I've read good things about Pur Cosmetics (I hope we're talking about the same line), but it was always too expensive for me even though I always wanted to try the line.

Spieluhr

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I was actually talking about this company... wasn't sure about them though. :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • cherrybombtastic
    • dianabt
    • mafan
    • Spieluhr