bowlofmushypeas

Nars Illuminator and Multiple

(0) Hearts

Hey! I was thinking about trying out the Nars Illuminator and had a few questions. 

First, I use Korres mineral foundation, and I'm not sure how best to integrate the Illuminator. It seems to make the most sense to mix it in with my moisturizer before the foundation so it's not a blobby mess..but I'm worried that this way will diminish the effects of the Illuminator. I'm really looking for a product to give me a good glow! 

Second, I've also been thinking about getting a product for highlighting. Initially, I was thinking that the Nars Multiple in Copa would be a good option, but now I'm wondering if that makes sense if I'm getting an illuminator cream already. 

Thanks! 

bowlofmushypeas

Re: Nars Illuminator and Multiple

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I didn't realize the Illuminator was so strong! Do you think it would be too much to use as all over the face rather than as a highlighter? Also, my question about incorporating the Illuminator all over the face extends to all mineral foundations--Korres, BE, pressed powders, etc.

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

For an all-over glow, I would go with the Multiple, rather than trying to mix the liquid Illuminator with moisturizer. The Copacabana Multiple is one of my favorite products -- it's so easy to use and lasts for ages! After my foundation sets, I dot Copacabana on my cheekbones, brow bone, cupid's bow, etc. -- it's really blendable and not too sparkly. In the past when I have tried to mix illuminators with other products (foundation, etc.) -- it didn't leave enough of a glow where I wanted it and too much where I didn't (on my chin, for instance). I do like the liquid Copacabana illuminator, too -- if you decide to go with that one, you can use it the same way (by dotting it on the skin and blending), but I found it much thicker, more shimmery, and more difficult to use than the Multiple (this is just my opinion, though!). It depends on your preference, but I don't think both are necessary -- you'll be fine with one or the other. :smileyhappy:

lovelyred139

I use the NARS Illuminator in Copacabana, and it works really well as a highlighter for me.  It's a pretty dense formula in terms of sheen, so a little goes a long way.  I use maybe half the size of a tic tac and that's plenty for highlighting my whole face.  I think using it both for spot highlighting and mixed with foundation/moisturizer is the only way you'll go through the whole tube in a timely manner -- I've had mine for months and I've barely made a dent in it.

I'm not familiar with Korres mineral foundation, but I'm sure someone else can give some input on how to best work with the two.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • lovelyred139
    • bowlofmushypeas