elea33

Nars Blush Shades - Besides Orgasm

My blush collection is pretty thin right now compared to the rest of my makeup. I have a few Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes (LOVE!) and a variety of Bare Minerals colors. I’m interested in trying out the Nars blushes, but Orgasm is much too orange on my fair skin tone (I’m typically a warm ivory). Any suggestions on another go-to color? Can anyone describe Nico for me? Is this more a highlight like Albatross?  Are there any other brands I should be looking at?

drammaqueen57

Re: Nars Blush Shades - Besides Orgasm

(0) Hearts

I would try the Sephora Collection Microsmooth Blush Duo.  And if you're going for a pinker blush, try Fuschia Flushed, it's a very pretty color.Screen shot 2012-07-23 at 3.27.55 PM.png

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

You could also try replacing your blush with highlighter or luminizer, That's way you could give your whole face a glow instead of just your cheeks.

projulie

(0) Hearts

Hi,

Nico is meant to be used as a finisher and can also helpt one down the vibrancy of blush. It's not as shimmery as Albatross and can give you a soft glow. I primarily use it to tone down blush and I use Albatross as my highlighter (which I love!)

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Hi Elea33,

The Nars Blush in Nico Natural glow is more of a highlighting color. It is a light flesh tone shade that has silver sparkles in it. For your warm ivory skin, I suggest the shades Sex Appeal - soft peach and Sin - berry with gold shimmer. Both of the shades have a pop of color and will look soft on your lighter toned skin.

NARS - Blush

NARS - Blush

<3 Melissa
ppickle

(0) Hearts
I just wanted to add that Laura Mercier Second Skin cheek color is also gorgeous and goes on smoothly. I have it in Violet Orchid, and all the colors are beautiful. A really iconic bronzer like Guerlain Terracotta makes a great blush as well. It's my go-to for the summer.
ppickle

(0) Hearts
I use NARS blush in Sin and it is failproof. My sister uses it as well, and she is very fair. I cannot even stress enough how gorgeous it is on her. Highly recommend.
glittergurl2

(0) Hearts

Some good cool-toned pink blushes from NARS are Desire, Angelika, Mata Hari or Gaiety. Hope this helps!

wickedglam

(0) Hearts

A nars blush I really love is Douceur!  It's a really pretty brown with pinky undertones and a subtle shimmer.  According to your description, I have a very similar skin tone to your's and this shade looks great on me!  Hope that helps!

janinebt

Hi elea33,

You can never have too many blushes in my opinion! Nico is a flesh toned highlighter with subtle shimmer, which looks very beautiful when paired with other cheek colors. I'm a huge fan of NARS blushes, they're richly pigmented and there are so many shades available. You may also want to checkout Tarina Tarantino blushes, Buxom's True Hue Blush, and Make Up For Ever's HD Blush; all three brands have a wide range of long lasting colors!

TARINA TARANTINO - Dollskin Cheek Palette

Buxom - Buxom True Hue™ Blush

MAKE UP FOR EVER - HD Microfinish Blush

Whimsically yours,
Janine
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • elea33