roxystar4

NARS albatross

(0) Hearts

I purchased NARS Albatross about 3 weeks ago to highlight above my cheekbones, near the outer edge of my eyes and above my eyebrows. I've used it about 4 or 5 times.  I have noticed that it looks really dry looking and accentuates my finelines on the outside of my eye area (they reach pretty far).  This is not the area of crows feet, it is a tiny bit below. I moisturize before applying a primer.

Should I return this and look for a cream highlighter or liquid product (maybe this would look "fresher/dewier)? Has anyone else had this issue?  

katie1724

Re: NARS albatross

My go-to highlighter is the NARS Multiple in Copacabana -- it has been my favorite for years! It's so easy to apply and one stick lasts forever. I find it to be much more subtle than the NARS Liquid Illuminator (not to mention easier to blend / use). It leaves a luminous glow when dotted over the cheekbones, brow bone, etc. It's a bit more expensive than some highlighters, but it really does last. :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

I swatched this today! I love how silky it is!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

anyone ever try MAC cream colour base in luna or pearl?

Jemma Kid highlighter in After Show?

Jouer cream highlighter in Tiare?

All are cream based and look cool

onomotopoeia9

oooh, thanks for sharing!

here's my two cents...

i checked them all out and the mac looks awesome!!! The luna is more for cooler tones and the pearl is warm, but they are both gorgeous!!!

The Jouer looks a bit glittery, in my opinion

I searched the web for the jemma kid, but it didn't come up..?

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

the Jouer looks glittery but there is a blogger who swatched it and actually found it to be less glittery than most highlighters! I think The Jemma Kidd After Show may only be available in the UK? I saw it on a blog. I just did a search too and for purchasing it, I don't see any options. I'll message you

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

i think i am going to go with copacabana! Thank you all for your help!  

Also, can I return items I bought online to a JCP sephora?

onomotopoeia9

hope you like it as much as i do!!!

The sephora jcp near me does, but you should give your local sephora jcp a call because all stores treat the policies a bit differently.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

gotcha! i was just looking on beauty dot com at the copacabana and it looks silver! is this true? Or is it more gold like the albatross?

onomotopoeia9

its sort of in between - like a champagne. I couldn't find any other products with that gold sheen besides for the too faced candlelight, but its a bit sparkly

btw, is that your eye in the pic? i love the eyeshadow!!!

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

awe thanks! yeah that is my eye- with some falsies on :smileyhappy:

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

maybe I need a more moisturizing foundation?  But the reason I dont think that is it is because other products dont look as cakey

sephoramusthave

I've been using a powder highlighter everyday lately and have never had any issues with things like that (I'm using TheBalm Maryloumanizer). I have/have used cream and liquid highlighters too and I love them as well but I especially love this powder highlighter :smileyvery-happy:

starletta8

I love Albatross and use it every day.  No major problems with it disappearing or settling, sorry!

onomotopoeia9

[ Edited ]

I love the nars allbatross, but i do have to reapply it more often than I would like...

I have dior shimmer star and it stays great, even though its a powder.

Benefit has some nice liquids, creams, sticks...etc. My fave is girl meets pearl because it has the staying power of a liquid but is not too liquidy.

another thing I would recommend is Nars the Multiple. I have it in copacabana and luxor...all the colors are pretty and its easy to apply

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

ok the NARS multiples look AWESOME. they are like girl meets pearl. which do u like better copacabana or luxor? which is most like albatross? I like the color of albatross just not how dry it looks

onomotopoeia9

I would say that the copacabana is closer to albatross - luxor is more pinkish.

I actually got copacabana as a replacement for the albatross so i think you will like it! The difference is that the albatross shines gold, while the copacabana shines a champagne tint.

It is a cream and gives a super dewy look, which is better than powders, that just look sparkly. I'm pretty sure highlighters are supposed to make skin look radiant - not dry and glittery. Another thing I like about it is that you can also use it on your eyelids and lips when you are in a rush.

The two faced candle-light duo is the only other color that I found similar to albatross, but it is also a powder, and the sparkles look a tad like glitter.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

is the NARS the Multiple a liquid or cream?

I like the color of Albatross, it is just cakey looking (and I dont apply much). I am light handed.  

Some powder blushes give me this dry/cakey look too.  I have one cream blush and it creates such a pretty dewy look. I love it! Looks so fresh faced. I guess I am trying to see if all highlighters just look dry/ are supposed to look dry or if I should find a different product. Also, it would be one thing if it were the dead of winter/cold outside but it is warm/sunny where I am and it is still looking dry even after moisturizing before.

kd006

NARS multiples are cream products. I apply them with my finger tips. It kinda feels like a chapstick lol. They make me look super fresh faced. I personally haven't tried albatross, so I don't know whether that is the problem. I have dry skin so I prefer cream/liquid highlighters. I find powder highlighters just make me look shiny, not "glowy". I love copacabana. I use it almost everyday. I hope you try it. It is worth the money because I've had mine for like 6 months and have barely made a dent in it even though I use it all the time.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

yes! fresh faced it def what I am going for! I have combo skin but around my eyes are really dry.

kd006

You should try it out!! Let me know if you do and what color you choose. I have orgasm and copacabana

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 20 replies
  • 11 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sephoramusthave
    • roxystar4
    • onomotopoeia9
    • starletta8
    • kd006