marika77

NARS 'Sheer Glow' Foundation

I have oily skin T -Zone and wear foundation ONLY on my T Zone -  and NARS 'Sheer Glow' was suggested for me - and I bought it. However when I was home, I saw that it is for Dry to Normal Skin. This is my 1st day using it and so far so good - - Curious as to why this was recommended for me. (I do not want to go to Sephora again this week).  

jennypenny1995

Re: NARS 'Sheer Glow' Foundation

(0) Hearts

I was Told by a Sephora store that Sheer Glow would slide and separate on my combo/oily skin.  So, even though it gets rave reviews, I was scared to get it.  I got Lancome's Dual Finish and Tarte's 12-Hour foundations instead.  Love!!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@Cinnamonswirled - Yes they are the colors are the same in the Sheer Matte and the Sheer Glow but if you have oily skin you may need to go a shade lighter depending on which you are planning on changing to.

CinnamonSwirled

(0) Hearts

This might not be the best place to ask this but does anyone know if the shades are the same in Nars Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte? If I know my color in one would it be the same in the other?

beautylovingirl

They could of recommended it because of the small amount of coverage you were wanting only in your  T-Zone because  you wouldn't want a big heavy blob of makeup in just that one area.

poemelyric

(0) Hearts

The NARS foundation that they suggest for oily skin is the Sheer Matte or the powder foundation.  Sometimes the cast members get things wrong.  I had to go back 3 times before they got my foundation right and even then, I had to pick it out myself. 

kd006

I have actually heard that it clings to dry patches on your face which is why I have turned away from it. I have thought about buying it so many times since I do have dry skin and find it hard to find a great foundation but since I heard that, I just haven't picked it up. Hopefully it works out for you though! I do know missglamorazzi on youtube used to rave about that foundation and she has combo oily tzone skin so i think you'll be fine :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • poemelyric
    • marika77
    • jennypenny1995
    • beautylovingirl
    • kd006
    • CinnamonSwirled