NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

Esdee

NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

I'm not really a blush girl, but I'm trying to branch out from my usual addiction of eyeshadows.  I was just wondering if you ladies think Orgasm is really all that and a bag of potato chips, like it's made out to be, or if it's just over-hyped?  This might be a case of what works for one isn't worthwhile for another, though.

I'm very fair skinned, and when I do use blush, it tends to be subtle corals and warmer colors.

vinga

Re: NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

(0) Hearts

I'm actually not a fan of it! I'm not fond of how it looks on my skin but I can see it would be goregous on other skin tones! I also find it a little bit too dry.
I LOVE my illamasqua blushes and I'm also a Tarte blush fan :smileyhappy:
I'm rather fair and I do prefer warmer colors, my favorites are Illamasqua's Naked Rose and Tremble!

poshified

Worth the hype but I don't recommend paying for a full-sized of it, since NARS includes it in every palette/kit they ever come out with :smileyhappy:

jxw200

I'd say explore other nars shades just to be sure. you may find a shade you like much better. I use to be a huge nars fanatic and I found I preferred other shades of nars blushes to orgasm. :smileyhappy: 

BeautyJunkie325

Orgasm is my "go to" blush.  I loved it so much I bought Super Orgasm as my going out bluish as it has a nice sparkle to it.  Like DoctorMrs it is the only blush that I continually purchase.  

garnett

Nars makes great blushes that go on beautifully and have good staying power.  They have a good amount of pigment so use a light hand when applying.  You can always add a bit more.  Orgasm is beautiful color that is described as peachy pink with shimmer and it  works for most skin tones.  Shimmer blush is something I don't tend to  wear during the day.  I found another Nars color called Amour.  It is described as peachy pink and has no shimmer.  I think it is slightly deeper in tone than Orgasm but it looks great on my light skin.  I just wanted to throw another option into the mix.  :smileyhappy:

Titian06

@glossyguru - No offense taken!  We're all different and like different make-up.  That's why Sephora carries so many products!

tashalicious

its definitely not over hyped.

glossyguru

Orgasm seems to fit the description of what you look for in a blush. It is a peachy coral with shimmer. The only problem I have with Orgasm is the shimmer. The way I get around it is by applying it with a duo fibre brush. It gives the best finish, and the best color payoff with minimal shimmer. I think that it's a must have to any makeup collection. No offense to Titan06, but I don't really care for the Benefit Boxed Powders that I have. I can't speak specifically for Coralista, but Sugarbomb and Hervana didn't live up to my expectations. Hoola's a good bronzer though.

DoctorsMrs

I have dozens of blushes. I consider Orgasm to be a must have. Even with so many choices on hand, I reach for it at least three days a week. It's the only blush that I faithfully repurchase when empty or expired. My skin is light in the winter and verges on medium  in mid-summer. Orgasm works for me in all seasons. It can be sheered for a light glow or applied heavily for more pow. I love it and I consider it to be very versatile.

Titian06

(0) Hearts

To me, it's a bag of potatoes.  I don't care for it.  Benefit Coralista is my favorite.  In fact, I suggest checking out the Benefit Boxes of Powder.  They are subtle, but can be built up if you want more color.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • cheeky76
    • DTalksAll
    • jxw200
    • poshified
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • ellevee09