NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

I'm not really a blush girl, but I'm trying to branch out from my usual addiction of eyeshadows.  I was just wondering if you ladies think Orgasm is really all that and a bag of potato chips, like it's made out to be, or if it's just over-hyped?  This might be a case of what works for one isn't worthwhile for another, though.

I'm very fair skinned, and when I do use blush, it tends to be subtle corals and warmer colors.

Re: NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

(0) Hearts

I'm actually not a fan of it! I'm not fond of how it looks on my skin but I can see it would be goregous on other skin tones! I also find it a little bit too dry.
I LOVE my illamasqua blushes and I'm also a Tarte blush fan Smiley Happy
I'm rather fair and I do prefer warmer colors, my favorites are Illamasqua's Naked Rose and Tremble!

Worth the hype but I don't recommend paying for a full-sized of it, since NARS includes it in every palette/kit they ever come out with Smiley Happy

I'd say explore other nars shades just to be sure. you may find a shade you like much better. I use to be a huge nars fanatic and I found I preferred other shades of nars blushes to orgasm. Smiley Happy 

Orgasm is my "go to" blush.  I loved it so much I bought Super Orgasm as my going out bluish as it has a nice sparkle to it.  Like DoctorMrs it is the only blush that I continually purchase.  

Nars makes great blushes that go on beautifully and have good staying power.  They have a good amount of pigment so use a light hand when applying.  You can always add a bit more.  Orgasm is beautiful color that is described as peachy pink with shimmer and it  works for most skin tones.  Shimmer blush is something I don't tend to  wear during the day.  I found another Nars color called Amour.  It is described as peachy pink and has no shimmer.  I think it is slightly deeper in tone than Orgasm but it looks great on my light skin.  I just wanted to throw another option into the mix.  Smiley Happy

@glossyguru - No offense taken!  We're all different and like different make-up.  That's why Sephora carries so many products!

its definitely not over hyped.

Orgasm seems to fit the description of what you look for in a blush. It is a peachy coral with shimmer. The only problem I have with Orgasm is the shimmer. The way I get around it is by applying it with a duo fibre brush. It gives the best finish, and the best color payoff with minimal shimmer. I think that it's a must have to any makeup collection. No offense to Titan06, but I don't really care for the Benefit Boxed Powders that I have. I can't speak specifically for Coralista, but Sugarbomb and Hervana didn't live up to my expectations. Hoola's a good bronzer though.

I have dozens of blushes. I consider Orgasm to be a must have. Even with so many choices on hand, I reach for it at least three days a week. It's the only blush that I faithfully repurchase when empty or expired. My skin is light in the winter and verges on medium  in mid-summer. Orgasm works for me in all seasons. It can be sheered for a light glow or applied heavily for more pow. I love it and I consider it to be very versatile.

(0) Hearts

To me, it's a bag of potatoes.  I don't care for it.  Benefit Coralista is my favorite.  In fact, I suggest checking out the Benefit Boxes of Powder.  They are subtle, but can be built up if you want more color.

Conversation Stats