Esdee

NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

I'm not really a blush girl, but I'm trying to branch out from my usual addiction of eyeshadows.  I was just wondering if you ladies think Orgasm is really all that and a bag of potato chips, like it's made out to be, or if it's just over-hyped?  This might be a case of what works for one isn't worthwhile for another, though.

I'm very fair skinned, and when I do use blush, it tends to be subtle corals and warmer colors.

JenBlush

Re: NARS Orgasm - Worth The Hype?

(0) Hearts

I honestly like it but for the summer! I am sure that there are many more much better blushes out there. But not everyone likes the same thing. I personally liked it and will continue to use it! 

Let us know what you think about it! :smileyhappy:

cheeky76

(0) Hearts

I used to own Orgasm, but I now realize that I was just a victim of the "hype." In my opinion, it is much too orangey and sparkly, making for quite an unsophisticated look. If you are very pale, try opting for a pinky-based blush.

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

I prefer Nars Luster to Orgasm.  It is a little softer and warmer where Orgasm is a bright coral and competes with my red hair.  I can see where it may appeal to both cool and warm skin tones.  But for me, it just didn't sail my boat!  Maybe when I'm older and my hair goes gray (or I dye it blonde), it will add color and life to my cheeks.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Honestly, I bought this blush all because of the hype over it. I honestly think it's gorgeous in the pan. However applying it to my face it basically disappeared. I found it too sheer and too shimmery for my liking. I prefer the Physicians Formula Mineral Blush because it's more pigmented and it looks great on my skin. However best of luck to those who do enjoy it or want to try it :-)

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Soooooo... since you now have it what do you think?!?!?! 

Esdee

I've been terrible and haven't tried it yet!  :smileysad:  It's still in the Super Stars box, I need to remember to get it out and throw it in my carrier tonight so that I remember to use it in the morning, 'cause I'm sure not thinking straight enough that early to go get it then...

UghNicknames

I do like Orgasm and I have fair skin as well. However my favorite blush is Tarte's Amazonian Clay blush in Dollface. It's lighter and compliments my fair skin tone more. Orgasm is a great blush though, it's really all about what you like. If you are OK with some sparkle and want a deeper tone rose color go with it. However I like the matte and light finish of Tarte. Both last a long time on your face and are a great investment.

lolo01

It is I love it! Especially if your fair skinned. I only use it in the winter time but is perfect on me :smileyhappy:

sugarluvv

(0) Hearts

Its look too orange on my fair skin

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

Orgasm needs to sit down please! IMO :smileyhappy:

shinybananas

I prefer Deep Throat. 

JGSFLA

OMG yes! It is REALLY that good...it looks great on EVERYONE...I have never ever found another blush color that I loved more!

Esdee

(0) Hearts

Thanks for all the input!  I think I'll go with the suggestion of picking up a palette instead of the full-sized blush, but I'll definitely be giving Orgasm a try!

Esdee

Oh, durr, I just realized that it came in the Super Stars set that I have sitting on my desk.  Guess that makes the decision easier!  :smileyvery-happy:

starletta8

I love it, and I'm incredibly pale.  Given the description that you gave, I think you'll like it.

No, it's not the best thing since sliced bread. Yes, there's a ton of hype.  But you should try it if you're a pale person who enjoys warm, light blushes.

michmo

I'm on the it's over hyped side.  It is a great blush and formula, but unlike what they say about it being good for everyone, I found the color looked a bit too orange on my fair with yellow undertone skin.  There are some much better blushes out there in my opinion.  My latest favorite is Lorac Pro powder cheek stain.  

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I usually reach for corals, but don't own many blushes. I got a few of the coralista pt perks and am still using them, but I wear Orgasm the most. For me it's the perfect blush. The color works well with my light skin, the shimmer melts perfectly in & it picks up well on a brush for quick application. 

At first I didn't want to fall into the hype of it, but after i tried it once I was hooked! 

I agree with poshified. Wait for a good face palette to come out & get that instead of a single blush. NARS likes to include Orgasm in just about everything. 

Emeraldlight

(0) Hearts

Oh my goodness! The blush looked horrid on me! I tried the pressed one and also the one that was in a liquid.  They promote as  a "one fit all" type of product.

I'm glad  that the product worked on my daughter's skin tone.  It looks great on her!

I think it would be best if you could try the color on your cheeks and then walk around the store for a while. Then take a second look at it on your face.

areeba17

I fell into the hype and bought Orgasm in multiple stick form. I'm sad to say that I hated it because of how sparkly it turned out to be. I think it's a beautiful color, but personally I don't think it's anything phenomenal. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

the sticks tend to deposit more shimmer that don't melt into the skin as easily as the powder forms do. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 30 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • cheeky76
    • DTalksAll
    • jxw200
    • poshified
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • ellevee09