lyravega

NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder?

(0) Hearts

So, I wanted to buy this powder because I've heard so many good things about it... I ended up running away, scared! :smileyvery-happy: I tried it on my hand, just to see and feel it... It is full of tiny shiny sparkles!!!! And I don't like anything shiny, sparkly, glittery on my face!!! So, I ended up buying something else. But when I got home, I was watching some pics and videos on youtube about this powder, and it didn't look so shiny or sparkly as it did on my hand. My question is - how does this powder really look on your face? Are those sparkles really so noticeable, shining on your face? ( :smileyhappy: ) Or is it matte? Or what? I'm confused... And if it is "sparkly", glow-y, illuminating, what other finishing/setting powder ( matte ) would you recommend for blurring fine lines and pores? ( pressed or loose, doesn't matter )

mpolansky

Re: NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder?

Hahah you have me laughing because I did the EXACT same thing as you. I think I went to Sephora 3 separate times (while doing research in between) and thinking this can't be the same product everyone is talking about! It looks so sparkly! I talked to a sales associate who ended up convincing me to get the Bare Minerals Pressed setting powder. They were out of the translucent so I got mine in tinted and I love it. It does have a little tint of color so next time I would probably get the translucent. But I think its worth checking out if you want a matte setting powder. It's not cakey at all and it goes on smoothly. So maybe another thing to look at in store to compare :smileyhappy:

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, I'm still laughing at my reaction to this powder! I don't want to look like these sparkly modern age vampires! No thanks! I'm already vampire ( fair as I am ), I don't need to sparkle, too! People will start running away from me, scared! :smileyvery-happy: The sales associate that was helping me looked like she didn't know much about the powder. She looked lost and confused. I asked her if the powder is gonna be as sparkly on my face as it is on my hand, and she said yes ( but she didn't look very sure ), it is illuminating and shiny and I should better look for something else if I like matte finish. And all these ladies here helping me with the problem are saying - it is not sparkly! And I believe them. I'm gonna check this powder again, this time trying it on my face, and I'm gonna check all the suggestions you, ladies, gave me, as well. Thanks again! :smileywink:

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Haha good luck! And let me know what you end up getting! I went through the same process so I'm curious to see what you choose :smileyhappy:

lyravega

(0) Hearts

Thank you, ladies! Yep, this time I'm gonna get it! :smileyhappy: I'll have to check the Hourglass one as well.

lauriebos

I have the loose one and reeaaalyyy love it! No sparkle at all and matte luminous finish. It do not crease into fine lines or accentuate them. I have dry skin and do not accentuate dry patches compare to many others powder I used. I recommend for a natural and luminous make-up :smileyhappy: The best I tried so far!! 

melisa16

I own the loose version and I love it! I think if someone has oily skin they might have problems, because it does not control oil. I never notice sparkle or glitter on my skin. It blurs my pores and really does make my face flawless in photos!

theramenlover

I own the pressed version of this and there is honestly no sparkle on my face to be found after I apply it! My friend whom I recommended this to was also worried about the sparkle but when I told her I had it on, she examined my face very closely (and I do mean closely!! xD) and when she was satisfied that I wasn't sparkling like a vampire, she bought it as well! 

I think what's important to remember is that you only need a small amount of the powder, pressed or loose, and that over your face, it will not be noticeable. I've done flash photography with this and I didn't notice any whiteness in my photos after.

It's not completely matte and it does keep my combination/oily skin at bay! It's really worth checking into as it doesn't cake up my foundation. I know another popular setting powder for blurring lines,etc is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders! Perhaps you can try those if you're still worried about the NARS :smileyhappy: 

swfupload_7923284274805140882.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • theramenlover
    • melisa16
    • lyravega
    • mpolansky
    • lauriebos