NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder?

(0) Hearts

So, I wanted to buy this powder because I've heard so many good things about it... I ended up running away, scared! Smiley Very Happy I tried it on my hand, just to see and feel it... It is full of tiny shiny sparkles!!!! And I don't like anything shiny, sparkly, glittery on my face!!! So, I ended up buying something else. But when I got home, I was watching some pics and videos on youtube about this powder, and it didn't look so shiny or sparkly as it did on my hand. My question is - how does this powder really look on your face? Are those sparkles really so noticeable, shining on your face? ( Smiley Happy ) Or is it matte? Or what? I'm confused... And if it is "sparkly", glow-y, illuminating, what other finishing/setting powder ( matte ) would you recommend for blurring fine lines and pores? ( pressed or loose, doesn't matter )

Re: NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder?

Hahah you have me laughing because I did the EXACT same thing as you. I think I went to Sephora 3 separate times (while doing research in between) and thinking this can't be the same product everyone is talking about! It looks so sparkly! I talked to a sales associate who ended up convincing me to get the Bare Minerals Pressed setting powder. They were out of the translucent so I got mine in tinted and I love it. It does have a little tint of color so next time I would probably get the translucent. But I think its worth checking out if you want a matte setting powder. It's not cakey at all and it goes on smoothly. So maybe another thing to look at in store to compare Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Hahaha, I'm still laughing at my reaction to this powder! I don't want to look like these sparkly modern age vampires! No thanks! I'm already vampire ( fair as I am ), I don't need to sparkle, too! People will start running away from me, scared! Smiley Very Happy The sales associate that was helping me looked like she didn't know much about the powder. She looked lost and confused. I asked her if the powder is gonna be as sparkly on my face as it is on my hand, and she said yes ( but she didn't look very sure ), it is illuminating and shiny and I should better look for something else if I like matte finish. And all these ladies here helping me with the problem are saying - it is not sparkly! And I believe them. I'm gonna check this powder again, this time trying it on my face, and I'm gonna check all the suggestions you, ladies, gave me, as well. Thanks again! Smiley Wink

(0) Hearts

Haha good luck! And let me know what you end up getting! I went through the same process so I'm curious to see what you choose Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

Thank you, ladies! Yep, this time I'm gonna get it! Smiley Happy I'll have to check the Hourglass one as well.

I have the loose one and reeaaalyyy love it! No sparkle at all and matte luminous finish. It do not crease into fine lines or accentuate them. I have dry skin and do not accentuate dry patches compare to many others powder I used. I recommend for a natural and luminous make-up Smiley Happy The best I tried so far!! 

I own the loose version and I love it! I think if someone has oily skin they might have problems, because it does not control oil. I never notice sparkle or glitter on my skin. It blurs my pores and really does make my face flawless in photos!

I own the pressed version of this and there is honestly no sparkle on my face to be found after I apply it! My friend whom I recommended this to was also worried about the sparkle but when I told her I had it on, she examined my face very closely (and I do mean closely!! xD) and when she was satisfied that I wasn't sparkling like a vampire, she bought it as well! 

I think what's important to remember is that you only need a small amount of the powder, pressed or loose, and that over your face, it will not be noticeable. I've done flash photography with this and I didn't notice any whiteness in my photos after.

It's not completely matte and it does keep my combination/oily skin at bay! It's really worth checking into as it doesn't cake up my foundation. I know another popular setting powder for blurring lines,etc is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders! Perhaps you can try those if you're still worried about the NARS Smiley Happy 

swfupload_7923284274805140882.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
Photos1
  • swfupload_7923284274805140882.jpg