Carmen1986

My Thoughts : Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Supercharged Foundation

I know I posted about what people thoughts of this products and I thank you for your responses. I just wanted to say that I have decided to wear it today. I'm actually wearing it currently. 

The gel aspect of this product works nicely for me because It reminds me slightly of my MUFE F&B. It is definitely a lighter coverage and I like that I can apply 2 layers without any cake factor coming into play. It's very smooth and doesn't show any dry patches on me and it looks very natural to me. I'm going to get another sample for when I go away. I'm really considering the fullsize but not right now. 

mpolansky

Re: My Thoughts : Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Supercharged Foundation

(0) Hearts

I'm still undecided on this foundation. I got a sample of it and like the natural coverage, but even with primer/setting spray I've been having problems with it getting spotty and patchy throughout the day. Anyone else notice this?

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Have you tried using the Hourglass Veil Primer and UD All Nighter maybe ?

mpolansky

(0) Hearts

Those are the exact two I have! I've even tried a couple other primers. Maybe it's just my skin? I don't touch my face much throughout the day either

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hmm well I am using the Skindinavia Original setting spray and the Hourglass and it works fine on me. How does the application look when it's on. Do you use a lot of setting powder to set the makeup prior to the spray ?

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

@ Titian06

I always apply foundation with a brush or beauty blender spong. I don't feel comfortable using hands to apply a makeup. 

For this product I used my Sephora Collection # 56 brush and then kinda smoothed that out with the beauty blender. I'm sure you can though apply this product with a beauty blender though. 

I will also say it looks good over the Hourglass Veil Primer

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

@ Ellevee09

Your welcome :-D. Well I can understand how it's easy to go overboard there lol. 

I'd say get a good sample test it out and then see how it wears. That way you don't have to go through the hassle of purchasing and then returning it if it doesn't work.

Carmen1986

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@ Caycesmom

If you got large pores I would say trying the Algenist Multi-Perfecting Pore Concentrate before primer and before Moisturizer

mornings-algenist-multi-perfecting-pore-corre-L-WMnmWX.jpeg

It was recommended for me by the cast member/ artist I see at the Sephora here.

I also use a setting spray after the foundation is on and then lightly pat  a bit of Maybelline Dream Matte powder to kinda remove the sheen. 

Oh and I forgot to mention I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer and it works for me !

caycesmom

(0) Hearts

i got a sample of this and loved it! so i went back and got the full size and hated it! I tried to use it w/o a primer, with a primer - different primers, w a BB cream, a CC cream you name it and it still sucked! Ive never had a foundation do what this one did, I would put it on and it would look AMAZING then by the time I got to work and looked in a mirror, all i could see were pores! i have small pores too! but this foundation totally separated around and into my pores that I had to constantly smooth it out, it felt great on my skin it just looked awful.

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

Even though there were some bad reviews, I really want to try MJ. I use BB cream everyday. I rarely wear foundation but when I do, something light is what I go for. Ive stayed away from sephora bc I go overboard but tomorrow I may take the leap. Some damage is well over due! Thank you for your review, @carmen1986 :smileyhappy: ❤️

Titian06

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the review, Carmen!  This is one of the few foundations that came up when I did my Color IQ on-line.  How do you put it on...fingers, brush, etc.?

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Thanks for telling us all your thoughts! I actually have been really interested in this foundation, i might pick it up. My only problem with gel/cream foundation formulas is that it's easy for me to put on too thick and it won't set very well. Have you had any problems with that? 

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hey there,

Your welcome, glad that this review was of some help to you. It's very thin but I  find that if you use it very lightly you should be able to do 2 layers. Or if you want do 1 full layer and then add coverage where you need to. Definitely get color matched first though. I'd also say let it set for a good few mins after it's applied like youd do with any foundation. Then use setting spray or powder however you go about it. I personally spray my Skindinavia then use a bit of powder for the sheen. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • ellevee09
    • Titian06
    • caycesmom
    • glossyguru
    • mpolansky
    • Carmen1986