Artemis9109

Mineral Makeup vs TM/BB Cream for humidity

(0) Hearts

Hi! So I'm going on vacation to Mexico in a couple months. I want to be able to wear some makeup at night for dinners or going out on the town. Needless to say it's gonna be uber humid. lol I've only been wearing makeup for a few months and I've been researching to find out what holds up better to humidity; mineral makeup or Tinted Moisturizers/BB Creams.

I currently wear Bare Minerals Ready but I was thinking of trying a TM or BB for my trip. Which do you think I should go with? Also I have sensitive combo eczema prone skin. I've been looking into either sticking with BM or possibly trying Laura Mercier oil-free TM or Becca Luminous Skin. Any help is appreciated

maltipoo66

Re: Mineral Makeup vs TM/BB Cream for humidity

(0) Hearts

Hi!  First off, if you have skin that's prone to eczema I would avoid the Laura mercier oil free-it has a drier texture than the original version, and I think it might not be hydrating enough for your skin. I've never tried the Becca Luminous Skin foundation, but foundations that have a dewy finish tend not to last as long as foundations with matte finishes, but aren't as hydrating.

For your situation, I would recommend using a hydrating primer, then follow with Amazing Cosmetics Velvet Mineral Pressed Powder Foundation.  In my experience, it has been completely sweat proof (it has lasted perfectly though intense workouts).  I have dry skin that will very rarely get a patch of eczema, and my skin doesn't feel dry after using the product.  There's also a great shade range.  Here's the link:

http://www.sephora.com/velvet-mineral-pressed-powder-foundation-P208609?skuId=1041169

The other plus to using a powder foundation is that you won't have as many layers of makeup on your face (primer, liquid foundation, concealer, and powder), so you won't sweat it off as easily.  Hope this helps!

Artemis9109

Re: Mineral Makeup vs TM/BB Cream for humidity

(0) Hearts

Thanks thats definitely something to consider. The thing about my eczema however is that it really only sprouts up on my cheeks and neck if its above my waist but they still aren't dry really. My tzone is oily. I also think it might have something to do with where I live as well as I have terrible allergies. So even though I'm prone to eczema I think it's just from sensitivity. 

Would a hydrating primer make my tzone too oily? 

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 2 in conversation
    • maltipoo66
    • Artemis9109