Samee21

Medium to full coverage foundation options for oily skin

(0) Hearts

I was color matched to Nars Sheer Matte in Punjab but I don't like that I have to use quite a bit of product to cover some redness from blemishes, etc.  Any recommendations?  I am a 4Y06 with the color IQ but the matched foundations that came up are BB creams, etc.and I wasn't familiar with any of the other products it recommended :/

aggiegirl2012

Re: Medium to full coverage foundation options for oily skin

(0) Hearts

I know Sephora doesn't carry it but MAC Matchmaster was my holy grail when I was oily. It kept me matte and my blemishes covered. 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Options like the Becca Ever Matte Shine Proof Foundation and the Hourglass Immaculate Powder Foundation oil free would both be great options for you to look at. Hope this helps!

Mollycj

(0) Hearts

MUFE Mat Velvet Foundation is amazing.

grilledchz

(0) Hearts

I just finished a bottle of NARS Sheer Matte. It feels great, but I agree with you -- I have to use a ton to get the coverage I want. I use Lancome Tient Idole 24hr (http://www.sephora.com/teint-idole-ultra-24h-P308201?skuId=1397884). I like that it is medium coverage, stays all day, and works with my oily/blemish-prone skin. In addition, I use Fresh Umbiran Clay serum and moisturizer, and Cover FX mattifying primer with acne treatment before my foundation. It seems to keep me matte throughout my workday. 

And when you search for foundations using your color IQ, check the boxes on the left for medium or full coverage. It seems to make the BB creams and tinted moisturizers go away. 

islandqt

(0) Hearts

I like the Make Up Forever Matte Velvet liquid foundation and I recently used it in the daytime while I was dancing in a parade and it held up really well over my Sunblock.

Another one I like is MAC Pro Longwear foundation. Some people are not fans of MAC foundations but I haven't heard too many complaints about their newer formulas.

DeltaGammaGirl

I bought the nars sheer matte and had the exact issue with it. I have oily skin also and replaced it with the new marc Jacobs gel foundation and its AMAZING on my skin!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Did you like the Marc Jacobs better than Dior's Forever Flawless Foundation?

Samee21

(0) Hearts

I have yet to check out any of the new Marc Jacobs items so thanks for the recommendation!  I hate that the color IQ didn't match me to any foundations worth trying :/

Samee21

(0) Hearts

Oh and yes, I do use a mattifying primer and powder.  It is a must for my oily t-zone.  I'd be a complete oil slick without it.

Samee21

Awesome, thank you ladies!  I don't know why I didn't check out this board sooner :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No prob! Beauty Talk is awesome, so we're happy to have you joining us! 

This place is a haven for all things beauty and even just a great all around place to good and gab! :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

Try the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation in Bamboo Beige. It has full and build able coverage, plus, I've heard nothing but great things about it. I would also use a mattifying primer and powder if oily skin is an issue for you.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Check into Kat Von D's Lock It Foundation (in liquid and now also a new powder), Tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation (available in liquid or powder), MUFE's Velvet Mat, MUFE's Duo Mat Powder, Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Founation, and Benefit's Hello Flawless Powder Foundation are all some great options to look into!

Samee21

I had a hard time getting color matched to the MUFE HD foundation so maybe it's time to head back in and see if they can match me to any of the others above. I've learned my lesson, must sample first, lol!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • islandqt
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • aggiegirl2012
    • Mollycj
    • glossyguru