jumpinjenna

Marc Jacobs Foundation match - Ivory Light 10?

(0) Hearts

Just wondering if this foundation will be light enough for me? My complexion is a mix between MUFE mat velvet 15 and Illamasqua 2. So like a Mac NC5-10?

P.S. Why isn't there a color match code for shade 2 in the skinbase?

Thanks for your help!

Jenna.

starletta8

Re: Marc Jacobs Foundation match - Ivory Light 10?

(0) Hearts

I'm a NARS Mount Blanc/Bobbi Brown Alabaster, and MJ Ivory Light appears to work well for me. I swatched on my hand today at a store, and actually lost the swatch on my hand once blended out. Whoa.  Clearly, I got a sample to try for a full day.

syritt

(0) Hearts

Can't reply directly, but thank you so much!! That really helps compare the shades and the texture.

syritt

(0) Hearts

Please post swatches if you get it. It would be really helpful to see on someone that has similar coloring.

jumpinjenna

Hey syritt, sorry for the wait, but JUST bought the light ivory in MJB foundation!!

Here are some swatches of it and it compared to others that I use and one that is way dark on me, but normal on other people. haha.

From left to right: MJB ivory light 10, Make Up For Ever Mat velvet 15, Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser, Illamasqua Skin Base 2.

swatch 2.JPG

Then slightly more blended out:

swatch 3.JPG

It is interesting how they have dried since:

swatch 4.JPG

Hope this gives a good indication of the shade! :smileyhappy: 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

It just might be light enough! I'm a bit too dark right now for it, since it's summer I guess, but too light for Ivory Medium. I wear MUFE mat velvet 15, but I haven't tried the Illamasqua, is it a little lighter than the MUFE? If you're right in there you should be good to go! 

I think shade 2 doesn't show in the color IQ because there is pretty much nothing else that light. I am sure you've noticed most foundation lines' lightest colors are way too dark. 

magrat22

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

OMG I'm loving that there are so many pale girls on here. It's a nightmare trying to get makeup to work with pale skin and having people do swatches is awesome.  Thanks jumpinjenna you rock :smileyhappy:

xojenbunnyox

[ Edited ]

I found this foundation really oxidizes, so it turns out the color I got is actually too dark for me, think it's better to go a shade or two lighter when buying this one.  However, I must add that this is a great foundation, and I was in love as soon as I applied it.

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Yes, it totally does. I might go to get a sample of the Ivory Light and try again, because Ivory Medium oxidized too dark. :smileysad:

jumpinjenna

Ooh in that case I might give it a go!

It is a tad lighter and I think it is pinker as well? MUFE matches my face which is a tad darker than my neck because of the warmth of my freckles, but the Illamasqua matches my neck perfectly, but makes me look just a bit too pale (like I have been locked in a dungeon for a long time! haha). I think the MUFE is a tad more neutral and the tiniest bit darker. If i wear too much of the MUFE though, it looks noticeably warmer than my neck, so I try to apply it thinly. The only problem is that the formula dries far too quickly and ends up looking pretty horrible at the end of the day, hence why i want to try the marc jacobs. the reviews have been pretty great, so i can't wait to give it a go!

Thanks so much for your help!

rikkie

(0) Hearts

No problem, I hope it works out for you! Have you tried mixing the MUFE and Illamasqua to get a shade that might be right in between your face and neck? It could help get a shade that won't look too dark or too light for you. I have a sample of the Marc Jacobs Medium Ivory that is too dark for sure, but I added some of the MUFE 15 and shook it up, now it's a much better match. :smileyhappy:

jumpinjenna

I have tried to, but both the formulas are just not cutting it. I've tried applying them together, with different brushes or with just fingers and it just isn't working. I was considering buying a white foundation to mix with the MUFE but the formula just got me.

How is the formula of the marc jacobs? I want something that will just glide on smoothly, not cling to pores and dry bits and put up with my oil by the end of the day. haha, long list of demands on top of the whole pale face situation! :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Ugh, I know! It seems like finding something the right shade is already asking too much! The formula is amazing though, super smooth and does a great job of hiding little pores and dry bits and whatever. It lasted really well through a ride in my brother's car (which has no A/C) on a day when it was sweltering, I was dabbing sweat away but NOT all my foundation, hooray! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • syritt
    • rikkie
    • starletta8
    • jumpinjenna
    • magrat22
    • xojenbunnyox