Skbarker

Makeup help!

(0) Hearts

So, I'm a little bit on the chubby side - not afraid to admit I'm a bigger girl in love with makeup.

My skin complexion is pale, I usually use almost translucent make-up to barely over the the lightest make-up someone could go.

Though I want to do more of a porcelain pale, but not too pale!

I was thinking red-lip stick, but I am not sure what shade would look best with this.

Also if I were to do this look, would it look best for someone with Ombre (Dark blue to red) hair?

starletta8

Re: Makeup help!

(0) Hearts

I'll give you my go-to for pale foundation: Bobbi Brown. There are a number of different products, from light o full coverage.

In terms of red lipstick, it sounds like we have similar coloring (although different hair). 

Coral-red: Dior Diablotine

Brick-red: Clinique Chubby Stick Intense in Chunkiest Chili

True red: Lancome in Love... I'll have to grab the number. It's the red in the lipstick/nail duo

Workplace red: Chanel Pirate

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

In terms of foundation, that depends on what kind of coverage and formula you're looking for.  Most brands do offer light colors that are suited for fair skin tones, so if you're not extremely pale it shouldn't be too difficult to get a good color match!  So it depends on whether you want a sheer, medium, or full coverage foundation and what kind of formula and finish you're looking for.  Liquid foundation, cream, or powder, and matte, dewy, natural/satin, etc. finish?

In terms of lipstick, there are a ton of really wonderful red lipsticks!  Again, finding the perfect one for you depends on what kind of finish you want (satin, glossy, matte) and what your price range is.  Make Up For Ever is my go-to suggestion because they have a great range of red shades and the quality is great for the price (which is comparatively pretty inexpensive!).  NARS also makes some absolutely stunning deep red lipsticks, particularly Fire Down Below and Afghan Red, which are both matte finishes I believe.

Skbarker

(0) Hearts

A little of both. Like I want a shade of lipstick that's deep and matches my dark-red roots. As for the foundation, what is the best for combination skin, that's pale but not too pale.

emmaclaire

(0) Hearts

Hi there!  I'm sorry, I'm not really sure what you're asking.  Are you looking for help finding a red lipstick that would be best for your complexion?  Or were you looking for help picking out a foundation?  

Or both?

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • emmaclaire
    • starletta8
    • Skbarker