hadtotryit

Makeup advice for a Disco themed fundraiser

Howdy all! So my husband and I are are going to a fundraiser and the theme is disco. I want to make some effort to do my hair and makeup... The hair will be hard as I have curly hair that I can barely style on any given day so what I can make some effort on is my makeup. I've been googling and looking at Pinterest and I find lots of pictures of 70's styles, but is this the same as disco? I would expect a lot more glitter... But maybe I'm stereotyping. :smileyhappy:

image.jpgimage.jpg

hadtotryit

Re: Makeup advice for a Disco themed fundraiser

Alright alright alright! Had an absolute blast at the disco/fundraiser. I did get my eyes done at Sephora so I owe a shout-out to "Pinky". I had some serious blue eyeshadow/eyeliner! I ended up in the black jumpsuit... I was having some issues with finding the right undies with all the other colors. Sorry if that's TMI. :smileyhappy:

image.jpgHusband and I.... Sporting some bling!

image.jpgCan kinda see the blue eyeshadow...

image.jpgAnd my favorite! A picture of my husband and I with celebrity Steven Michael Quezada. He's a comedian and actor. Recently starred in Breaking Bad as "Gomie". But more than anything, he gives so much of his time to support worthy causes!

Thanks to everyone on BT who helped me plan my awesome night!!

jozkid

Disco perfection!

quixotic

[ Edited ]

Glad you had a good time, you Disco Queen! 

hadtotryit

Can't believe I going to post these... I went by my moms to pick out the jumpsuit and I can't decide.... What do you all think? 

image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

hydee77

I was going to say "green" until I saw the red one!  It's groovin'!

jozkid

Dear God! The RED! The RED! LOVE the skinny matching belt! If your Mom has a Zodiac medallion necklace, it would be SO perfect! I can't believe she still has these. This is the groovy most!

quixotic

The red one!

AlwaysGlamorous

RED!! RED FOR THE WIN!! ...Now I want an excuse to dress like this!

killahbabe

Red is the best and I also like the green one!

TheBronzeGodess

I like the red or black and red the best.. have fun!

Titian06

@jozkid hit the nail on the head!  Glad I didn't have to write that post!  :smileywink:

jozkid

As a 1978 high school grad: glitter = disco. Super thin eyebrows, heavy "slash"-looking blush, very sparkly eyeshadow and super glossy lips. If you have curly hair, brush it out or rake it to make it BIG. Wear a dress in a clingy knit (wrap dresses were huge then). Qiana (look it up!) was the fabric this stuff was made of. If you go with pants, wide-bottom with high-rise waist was wicked cool, topped with those silky blouses with large wide collars. Finish off with some rather clunky platforms and you're ready to boogie-oogie-oogie!

Movies to watch to get the idea: Saturday Night Fever, Carrie, Thank God It's Friday

OMG, I can't believe I'm telling you how to do this. My high school years were like a black spot in my life — I truly despised disco. Ha! There will be no instructions from me on how to do "the bump," however!

DiVWA

I also  hated disco! I wanted nothing to do with it!

hadtotryit

You know... A picture of you from your yearbook would be REALLY helpful... :smileyhappy:   lol

THANK YOU for this!

jozkid

Over my dead body. :smileyvery-happy:

tashalicious

seems to me that 70's makeup goes heavy on eye shadow and blush and glossy lips.

urban-decay-spring-09.jpg

TheBronzeGodess

i like that nail polish

quixotic

[ Edited ]

Oh, that sounds like fun! I think getting a "disco makeover" as Sephora is a great idea - I bet the SAs would love it.  As a kid during the disco era, I remember lots of heavy blue eye shadow, heavy-clumpy mascara, and tire track blush.

I also remember BIG hair. I'd comb out your curls - make it big!

Dec. 1978

Have a great time! Would love to see some pics of your look and outfit.

AlwaysGlamorous

Holy side b00b Cosmo! :smileywink: 

hadtotryit

Oh my! I've never posted any pics of me on BT. Maybe I will for this though. :smileyhappy: it's still an hour and a 1/2 before Sephora opens sip just in case I don't get my makeup done there, I made a Target run with the excuse that we really needed cereal and allergy medicine). I picked up some Elf eyeshadow and false eyelashes. I this this palette will work and it was a few bucks.image.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 28 replies
  • 61 hearts
  • 12 in conversation
    • killahbabe
    • hydee77
    • quixotic
    • hipquest
    • AlwaysGlamorous
    • Titian06