mlmac

Makeup Daily?

I'm curious- do you wear makeup every day? 

Personally I wear SOMETHING every day.  If I'm going for a no-makeup look (which is rare) I'll do a tinted sunscreen and mascara.  But let's be honest.... I love makeup and the colors and the entire process of putting it on so I'm more prone to wear it daily! :smileyhappy:

ChicDabbler

Re: Makeup Daily?

(0) Hearts

I wear moisturizer and lip balm with spf, but no makeup, 5-6 days a week.

The other two days I would wear some lip product, curl my lashes and some Guerlain face powder. Altho recently I've been trying to add some eyeshadows, too.

I love makeup. I love colors. But I love sleep more. =P

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

I do love the whole process too :smileyhappy:... it's like art to me!  that I get to wear/see all day.

That being said, I do NOT wear make up every day.  I work from home so meh lol.

I do wear it to go shopping, out to eat, or pretty much if I go anywhere.  At LEAST mascara, lip balm, and blush.  But usually the whole shebang...  I just started branching out for special events, adding false lashes, red lipstick, etc. beyond my everyday.  Which is what's in my current avatar pic (false lashes, cat eye liner, nude lips though, heavy contouring - was for a party).

Nicrohr

(0) Hearts

*I DO often do face masks while working from home, though :smileyvery-happy:. hehe

emmaclaire

No, definitely not.  I generally wear makeup when I'm going out for school, work, or out with friends/my boyfriend.  I never put on makeup to do errands or when I'm just hanging out around the house - I always feel like it's good to give my skin a nice break.

When I go to school I generally do a full face but on days where I only have one class or I have to be up really early I'll often just do a bit of eyeliner, mascara, and blush.  When I work (government agency doing legal work) I also try to keep it more natural and conservative.

StyleLynn

(0) Hearts

I'll be honest, I wear makeup everyday and have done so for the past 11 years. I do not leave my house without at least foundation, concealer, blush, eyeliner, mascara,and eyeshadow on. I consider my lazy makeup days as the days I skip the primers and powders. For me it's a confidence thing, I feel better when I have my face on.

LariTheLoud

I love doing my makeup so much that whenever I have an occasion to get out of the house for volunteer work, shopping, or get-togethers, I go for it. (I brand myself as a part-time homemaker, part-time caterer and part-time freelance technical writer... so much of my work hours are spent in the home or in a hot kitchen!) The problem is, I have relatively sensitive combination skin, and until recently I suffered from massive acne problems since puberty. Though I'm mostly clear save for some hormonal breakouts once a month, there are days when my skin is feeling stressed and I decide that I shouldn't put too much on my face. On these days, I will slip on a tinted moisturizer or mattifying primer, do my eyebrows, some eyeliner, mascara, and lip tint and call it a day.

But it's just so much more fun to go all-out and do a full face that I work it when I can. :-)

snowshoe

I'll at least wear a BB cream and something on my lips--if not lipstick, then a balm or light gloss.

mlmac

(0) Hearts

sounds good!

itscarin

[ Edited ]

I love wearing makeup, and wearing tons of it, but I don't wear it every day.  If I'm not interacting with someone in a professional setting, I won't wear makeup.  I hate the thought that some women feel obligated to wear makeup before they leave their house.  I will go to the grocery store or run small errands without makeup and I don't give it a second thought.  I do wear makeup for special occasions, like concerts, or going out to eat with friends, etc.  But even then, if I'm just grabbing a bite at a diner with some friends, I might not wear makeup if I'm feeling lazy.

mlmac

(0) Hearts

Agree that women should never feel obligated!  If they like it then go for it... if not then that works, too!

jwilk241

The only time I don't wear makeup is if I'm not leaving the house and no one is coming over. Otherwise, it's foundation, blush, and mascara. Usually I'll do some sort of eyeshadow but nothing too heavy. Sometimes I'm in a hurry though and don't do shadow.

mlmac

(0) Hearts

You're right... i generally think of shadow as an extra if I'm really in a hurry!

andreabonder

The least ill do when I go out is foundation and my brows, maybe a little bronzer and highlight. But for the most part I always go out with a full face. It's so much fun & the part of my day I get to focus on myself 100% someone has to ;D 

mlmac

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy: It is so much fun. 

nikki

If I am leaving the house, yes. If not, no. Even if I just am getting groceries or running errands, I at least throw on a BB cream.

ireneh

I've just discovered BB creams and they're like my go-to when I'm in a hurry... which is like, always :smileyvery-happy:

mlmac

Agree to you both on BB creams.... lifesaver!

MikuNerd65

it depends if i'm going out or not...if I am I usually wear foundation (Clinique, Kat Von D, or Philosophy) and then liquid liner (can't really wear mascara due to my lashes still growing from my mistake.)

If I ain't going out...I wear nothing and stay in my pj's all day

mlmac

(0) Hearts

I wonder why it's not perfectly acceptable to go out with a full face/hair and in pjs.... usually putting on real clothes is the challenge for me!

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

I have no idea, but I know that people still walk around here with their pj bottoms on

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 80 replies
  • 92 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • katie1724
    • nikki
    • itscarin
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave