michelleh

Make up problem for combination skin.

Hi there,

I have combination skin, oily only in the tzone, and dry all over. 

I have tried many bb cream (since i preferred light coverage - natural), but none of them work out for me. I tried mostly oil free product, but turn out my face look flaky in the dry area. 

Can anyone suggest any good solution, i prefer natural product since Im pregnant now (just extra precaution).

Thankssss.....I would be much appreciate!!!

michelleh

Re: Make up problem for combination skin.

(0) Hearts

i have tried many primer underneath but still not working for me, I would try those that you guys recommend!! thankssss a lot!!!

jennypenny1995

I think Clinique's Perfectly real foundation would fit you.  That, or their Superbalanced formula, which now has a pump available.  I have a bit of dryness, too, but I find I'm less so when using Murad's Pomegranate Mask twice weekly that mildly exfoliates and hydrates without adding oil.

also, I think you'll find your OB is pretty much okay with lot of topical products since your skin acts as a barrier to not carry things into your bloodstream, let alone across the placenta.  Be sure to check with him/her, though.

tatezaqt

(0) Hearts

I'm actually a beauty consultant.. and I too am very dry except for my t-zone area which is oily.   Do you use a primer under your bb creams?  If not, I definitely recommend using one.. there are a few that you may want to look into... 1 - 'Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch'.. this is great because it really helps leave an even finish to the skin and since it's a cream it works well with combination to dry skin types.. Also, Too Faced 'Primed and Poreless' is really great.  

Secondly, I would suggest trying out the Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer (I know the name is long and buzz-wordy, but...) it's actually really hydrating and can give a beautiful sheer coverage without leaving you looking oily.  

I know this is long.. but ALSO.. lol.. you should try a face oil!.. I was honestly so reluctant to try one.. but my sister had purchased the Tarte Maracuja Oil and I tried it.. it is awesome.. you can just use it alone or mix it into your moisturizer in the morning or evening or both.. either way you only need like 2-3 drops.. LITERALLY.. thats it!..you put them on your fingertips.. rub them together.. and pat all over your face.. When I was getting really flakey I used this and it made a big difference.. but didn't break me out. (thank GOD)

I hope these help!  And congratulations!!

michelleh

(0) Hearts

i want either bb cream, tinted moisturizer or foundation. 

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Are you wanting a foundation or a moisturizer?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • jennypenny1995
    • michelleh
    • tatezaqt