Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Need help with shade!

(0) Hearts

Hi there! I want to buy this foundation, but my question is: which shade am I? I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff and I purchased Mat Velvet in 35, but it's far too dark for me. I'm thinking about shade 20? But I don't want to buy wrong shade again, it's a waste of money for me. I have some yellow/beige skin undertones. I'll be very grateful for any help :smileyhappy:

Re: Make Up For Ever Mat Velvet + Need help with shade!

i would also like to buy this Makeup Forever Mat Velvet Foundation. but i don't know which shade i'm going to get. i can't afford to choose a wrong shade because i live here in the Philippines and it would really be hard for me to return the product.

my question is, what should would suit me the most? i am nc25 in mac, fiji in nars, b20 in chanel.

please help me.

totally can relate!
I can't really find a perfect shade match. but If you're light NC25, I'd say #30 will work on you and if you're a darker NC25 or more on yellow, I'd say #40. 

Hope this helps.

I agree. I wear b20 in chanel aqua and mix 30 & 40 in mat velvet. one is too light/beige and the other is too yellow

(0) Hearts

findation.com. you select brands products and shades that match you now and it tells you products that match it! it is really accurate.

(0) Hearts

Thank you all so much for all those answers! I guess I'll visit nearest store and just find out, which is best for me. 

vvib I'm still not 100% sure about this foundation, so I guess I'll check out your options, cause I also have combination skin. Thank's so much for answer :smileyhappy:

[ Edited ]

I used to wear revlon Colorstay in 150 Buff- I was matched and purchased Mat Velvet in 30 and like Roxystar4, i found the number 30 a bit dark, so i guess mufe velvet no.20 will be a good match to try- since no.25 is pink based.

[ Edited ]

Def go in the store :smileyhappy: The crew members can give you samples and you can test them out for a few days and see how they wear.

I wear Revlon Nearly Naked in 120 Vanilla and wear No. 30 - Porcelain in MUFE Mat Velvet.  No 30 is a tiny bit darker than I usually like - my fave of MUFE is HD (I have a sample and only use it on special occasions) and I wear 117 for the MUFE HD. (i just bought the MUFE Pro Finish Powder in 117).  I wore it all day/tested it in store to make sure that even if/when it oxidizes that it wont be too dark. It seemed to work fine for me.

(0) Hearts

I would agree with the others on going in and getting  matched I'm not familiar with the Revlon colors at all.

(0) Hearts

I went to the store this weekend to buy this exact same foundation.  And the 2 shades I was tossed up on, both testers were dark yellow.  They were so old, I was forced to guess.  And I guessed wrong :smileysad:  But I am not that sad since it didn't provide the finish I thought it would.

(0) Hearts

Hi imod94,

I'm not too familiar with Revlon shades, but you can try the 20.  If you have a store near your, I'd definitely suggest visiting and having one of the Beauty Consultants help color match you to ensure you pick up the correct one :smileyhappy:

xo, Mia

(0) Hearts

If you go to Sephora or any MUFE store, they will color match for you. I think normally they put your skin color, a shade lighter (with same undertone) and a shade darker and let you choose. 

but do you like the Mat Velvet? I didn't like how it goes on.. 

personally I like the hd .. or since i have combination skin, an associate told me that urban decay naked or ysl illuminating was a good match for me 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 10 in conversation