kal3ido

MUFE HD MakeUp

(0) Hearts

I have MUFE HD foundation in 177. My friend recommended it to me who works for Sephora, another sales associate matched me to 177 but I didn't buy it right then and there. I'm an amateur photographer so I'm always on the lookout for makeup that photographs well. A few weeks later I got an email from Sephora about a $15 coupon. The next day I went and bought the MUFE HD kit and was matched again by another associate to 177. I have worn it a couple times and I love it. The pictures before was always in dim light and no flash. A few weekends ago I went out with my friends to make a long story short we took photos with our phones with flash on. The makeup was 2 shades lighter than my neck. It doesn’t look that way in person so I'm wondering if I did something wrong. Could I have put too much finish powder on? I would love to use the MUFE HD foundation in my kit. I plan to try it again with my phone flash and DSLR flash to see if the white face shows up again.

IMG_1420.JPG

ran8

Re: MUFE HD MakeUp

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

More than likely it is the powder as speculated.  There are a few articles and youtube videos that have talked about the HD microfinish powder producing a white cast in HD photos.  This youtube video explains it:  fM4foAf1tHc  (copy the letters and numbers into the YouTube Search bar to pull up the video).  

If you have a different powder, try putting that on top of the HD foundation or use a smaller amount of the hd powder. See if there is a difference in photos. 

Hope this helps. 

tuesdaym

(0) Hearts

I agree that it is probably the MUFE HD Finishing Powder that is causing the flashback. I haven't had any issues with the foundation flashing back in photographs. Also I believe the flashback from the MUFE HD Finishing Powder is worse in areas where one may put too much product on so it is possible to avoid patchy flashback by using a light dusting of product, put personally I would just steer clear altogether if you are going to be taking photos!

kal3ido

(0) Hearts

Thank you, the funny thing is I scribe to him on youtube. It looks like the HD finishing powder is better for video. If I knew that I wouldnt have bought the kit just the foundation. I want to try the super matte foundation.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • ran8
    • tuesdaym
    • kal3ido
Photos1
  • IMG_1420.JPG