aviscardi

MUFE Duo mat discontinued?

[ Edited ]

So a while back in Jan and even recently i asked the MUFE location near me if the duo mat was still being discontinued and they said yes. Then 2.5 mons ago i wrote to MUFE to ask them and they just NOW responded with this:

"Thank you for your interest in MAKE UP FOR EVER. We have heard our consumers loud and clear, we will not be making any changes to the current distribution of duo mat. The quantities and shades available will remain the same. Please know that your customer satisfaction is greatly valued and we appreciate your feedback."

UPDATE: response email to clarify

"Due to overwhelming customer response and love for the product, Duo Mat is no longer be discontinued. It is our priority to service you and meet your needs. However, if your local Sephora is out of stock on your favorite shade, you may always place a phone order through our NYC Studio."

I hope this is the case as the duo mat does keep me mat longer.

weeeeweeeeeee

Re: MUFE Duo mat discontinued?

(0) Hearts

I also asked a MUA/SA at my Sephora and she said that because the Pro Finish was sort of a disappointment as a replacement for DUO Mat, it will not be discontinued! :smileyvery-happy:

newandaddicted

(0) Hearts

I just pick up their darkest color with the VIB discount.  Can't wait to try it out.  

tracy782

I just tried to order Duo Mat from Naimie's and they said it's unavailable and being discontinued!  :smileysad:

RandeeBT

(0) Hearts

Hi tracy782,

I just checked our inventory database and Make Up For Ever's Duo Mat Powder Foundation is not listed as a discontinued product. Based on what I found out, it looks like this product is mostly online only, aside from a few select Sephora stores. I hope this helps! 

Best,
Randee
tracy782

(0) Hearts

Thanks for the info!

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I've updated the status for the last response i got from mufe

I'm wearing the 205 shade i used a while back but now that im not getting any color i feel like it may be a touch too dark. and i think 203 blended into my hand better.  If I see my friend later maybe she can tell me :smileyhappy:

EDIT: I ran into Sephora after work yesterday to get 203 and i think i like this more than 205, its a lot cleaner of a yellow. and boy have i missed duo mat!!! im still matte and its a little over 7hrs! will blot soon

starletta8

(0) Hearts

That's great to hear- that they listen to their customers!

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@aviscardi- I'm glad you got your foundation back I know that has to be a great feeling!:smileyhappy:

aviscardi

yes! as long as it appears how it sounds. they wrote it in a puzzle haha

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I swatched 203 and 205 in store. i currently wear 205, seems a little dirtier than 203 which i think blended in better. Anyone wear/try both?

Im going to try mine tomorrow. 

mxcx

(0) Hearts

Yayyyy that's awesome, thanks for sharing! Does anyone know if Sephora will still carry the Duo Mat line though? I went to my local Sephora recently and didn't see the display. ):

janinebt

(0) Hearts

At this time we do not have plans to discontinue duo mat, but it's never bad to stock up! 

Whimsically yours,
Janine
keelybt

(0) Hearts

That's great news Aviscardi!  Thanks for sharing :smileyhappy: I love the new Pro Finish, but I know for a lot of the Duo Mat users it wasn't quite the same.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

it definitely isnt, the duo mat keeps me matte longer whilst the pro is more satin

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Hey aviscardi,

We had a brand training with MUFE a few months back and they informed us that they did not have any initial plans to discontinue Duo Mat despite bringing their new Pro Finish shades on board.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
aviscardi

I hope thats true, maybe they are changing their mind. Now I think il wear mine tomorrow. :smileyhappy: But I'm not sure if i wanted to go down to 203. its been so long since ive worn it. 

keelybt

(0) Hearts

Originally they had told us they were phasing it out and it would remain online for about a year, but it sounds like they may have changed their mind :smileyhappy:

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

yea thats how i originally heard it too. Kinda like whatever stock they had. which is why i stopped wearing it

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 7 hearts
  • 10 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • aviscardi
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • janinebt
    • tracy782
    • beautylovingirl