roxystar4

MAC and your experience

So I went into a MAC store where I'm vacationing to pick up some items & had one of my worst customer service experiences. Ever. I ended up buying two things & when I got to the hotel I was so upset by how rude the sales associates were, my husband went & returned both items ( he was mad at how I was treated). Not only was I cast aside, I was scoffed at & treated poorly. I've never had that kind of treatment at sephora Or other beauty counters ( lancome, benefit, even Dior & Chanel are way nicer!)  Granted I wasn't wearing makeup when I went in ( had just come from the beach) but still. Rude rude rude. 

anyone else have this experience with Mac or other makeup companies?

ps. The Mac counter in my home town is snooty but not this bad. 

roxystar4

Re: MAC and your experience

(0) Hearts

shinybananas, i like you're idea of seeing someone with a bare face & seeing an opportunity to load that pretty mug up with ALL the products. LOL!

shinybananas

It's like a blank canvas!

janinebt

Yikes. I'm glad that I haven't had any negative experiences with a MAC store or counter. A lot of the girls do have a proud attitude, but for the most part everyone is pretty nice in our area.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Janine, Im glad you have been treated well! :smileyhappy:

knadala

I have had bad experiences at Mac, but also some good experiences; I noticed that it's based on how I look when I walk into the store.

When I am done up and professional and look like I am ready to spend, I usually get very good service. The rest of the time when I am in sweats or dressed down, I rarely get any service. I seem to get the same experience regardless of location ( big city, local mall). I stopped shopping at Mac only because of the service, there are plenty of great brands out there and I want to save my money for places with both great products and service.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

knadala  I agree, I have been treated ok (previously) at MAC when I have on nice clothing and makeup on.

lilyyy

I refuse to go to MAC for this reason. It takes forever to flag anyone down. Once you get their attention, there seems to be a unknown process where the associate judges your "worthiness". It's a horrid experience that I refuse to ever subject myself to.

friedrice

same here, when I went to MAC to look for lipsticks, they didnt even came near me or ask me if I needed help, prob judging my ever plain simple makeup and simple clothes, then I picked up a blush instead. then I told her  I was ready to check out then she looked at the blush and said, "is that it? " how rude!  

Another time at that same mac store there is this girl looked at me from face then head to toe. So I gave her a stink eye, put my chin up, raised my one eyebrow, gave her a head to toe look too then a rolling eye finale. LOLOLOL. I never went back to that store ever again. 

roxystar4

friedrice, oh my gosh, i would have been so mad "is that it?"  

I would be tempted to say "is that it? For your customer service skills."

DrWould

Lmao! You showed her! 

lilyyy

"is that it? "

SUCH A RUDE RESPONSE!

The proper customer-oriented question is "Is there anything else I can help you with?" or "Did you find everything that you were looking for today?"

roxystar4

amen lilyyy

annonymous1

Mac tends to be like this, SOMEHOW they think they've obtained a right to be snooty, idk how. but pretty much everyone i know it happens to them, i'm sorry but when i go shopping i'm unrecognizable, and i don't like wearing make up, and mac has treated me different, i was waiting for a SA to help me for about 15 mins before she even recognized me, and then she told me to look around and that it would be somewhere. 

i bought a lipstick and it fell out of the little container somehow so i went to return it (it was literally 2 mins after i bought it, i know the girl remembered my face) and she said i can't return it without a reciept or within 24 hours of buying it? i was VERY angry, it wasent cheap and it was really unusable, its like i was bothering her to do her job.

Needless to say i shop Mac online from now on.

roxystar4

annonymous1, woah that is crazy that the SA. You summed it up (exactly how I felt) "its like i was bothering her to do her job." 

Candy357

I hate that, such bad service. I am so sorry, I hope you were ok after and able to enjoy yourself.

I have only been three times to MAC, and my first times were this year. So far they were all very nice. One of the girls at first had an attitude and then she corrected herself immediately.

Anyway very very sorry.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Candy357 - Im fine now, but i was shook up about it for about 2 hrs.  I just think, in today's market there are so many options for makeup, why would anyone be so rude to a customer?  For all the SA's know I could be an undercover boss (that show is funny).

pinklissamel

I recently got into MAC (2010) so before thai wasnt really all that into makeup and refused to pay 16-25 dollars for a blush, I thought that was just plain crazy. Now that im into makeup I dont' mind. I am currently living in AK and thank gawd we have makeup here. Anyways I went up the the MAC counter and there were some of the nicest people I have met. They are always up for showing me how to use a product and making sure I can get the same result on my own which I really truly appreciate. They sadly know me by name ( totally my fault) but I did drop some serious cash when I was starting out I was blown away by all the collections and well bought alot of stuff, cause i was smitten with all the pretties and they had to come live with me. I don't have any horror stories as of yet. So far the MUA here in AK no matter what counter have been super helpful and really nice. I dont always buy stuff their trying to push at me and now i know what I dont and do like so im not easily fooled at whatever their trying to push on me. We recentrly got a actual sephora store instead of the little spot they have in JCP. I frequent both. I just always try to be polite even if I am just looking and dont plan on buying anything. I'm dreading the day where I don't have access to the kind of customer service anymore. I love shopping at MAC but wouldnt hesitate to drop them or any brand for that matter if I was treated horribly, there are plenty of brands for me to subject myself to that kind of behavior from anyone.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

pinklissamel, Im so glad that MAC ladies treat you well where you live.  Building rapport is so important :smileyhappy:  Sounds like AK has it going on 

Yeah I could see if I had acted rude to them but I was super nice to them :/

clarks18

I always receive the worst customer service at Ulta. The Ulta by me is terrible so I only go when I absolutely have to. Unfortunately there isn't a Sephora close to me so Ulta is usually what I have to fall back on. The associates are all extremely rude and have the worst product knowledge. The only line they know anything about is Bare Minerals so they try and shove that down your throat and I am NOT a Bare Minerals fan. I feel like if you are going to work at a cosmetic store or counter you need to get over yourself and provide nothing but respectable service to all your customers. People go to cosmetic stores/counters a lot of times for help. You shouldn't have to feel bad about asking for help or showing up without makeup on. That is just something about places like Ulta, Sephora, MAC, and other beauty counters that I just don't understand.

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

Clarks18 - lol! The Ulta near me is all about BM too. Sorry they are so rude & not helpful :smileysad:

annonymous1

Ulta's awful too, i've had people literally follow me from aisle to aisle waiting for me to steal something, so i end up just leaving. i also asked a SA about the butter london makeup and she laughed and said they only make nail polish i was like facepalm.jpg

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 110 hearts
  • 49 in conversation
    • kalex
    • harleyq
    • sephoramusthave
    • nathaliew
    • hydee77
    • emmaclaire