Carmen1986

M.A.C Foundation Question ?

So once again tomorrow I will be hitting Sephora to see Shyam. However this time it's about getting my VIB Rouge kit and sorting out some issues with points that he personally wants to deal with for me. 

Anyways so I have a M.A.C gift card I got from my mother last Christmas and I want to try a M.A.C foundation. I got my eyes on the M.A.C Studio Fix Powder Foundation as I have tried it many moons ago and didn't like it. I'm curious to retry it but I am not sure if I necessarily want to get that or one of the other M.A.C foundations. I'd like to eventually try them all to see what works and what I like. I hear a lot about them breaking people out but i'll take the risk anyways. Which of their foundations have you used and actually work well and which ones would you say your skeptical of. 

beautylovingirl

Re: M.A.C Foundation Question ?

I wore MAC Studio Fix for 10 years plus. It's a great foundation and I loved but when to the Dior Counter with my bosses wife and was swept away by Dior Forever Flawless.:smileyhappy:

shinybananas

(0) Hearts

The only MAC foundation I have is Face and Body, because I have drier skin and the other ones seem to be made for oilier skin types.  I really like it!  It provides light, but buildable coverage and has a really pretty natural dewy finish.  However, if you have oily skin, it might be too much for you.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Face & Body is a great foundation. I love that it comes in 2 sizes. For me i'd likely get it in a smaller size. 

mrscoco

(0) Hearts

I wear studio fix powder and have off and on for 16 years. My other MAC foundation is Matchmaster. My skin often goes from cool in winter to warm in summer. This is how I don't have to switch foundations or mix for the in between times. Both are moderate to full coverage.  I sometimes wear a bb cream under the studio fix because it is drying. 

I'd give them a try. Studio fix liquid is another option. 

DesertRose0706

MAC was the first higher end foundation I used and I liked the studio fix (liquid) foundation a lot.  The only thing I didnt like about it is that it didnt really control oil for me. Also, I have a hard time finding the right shade match with MAC because I am somewhere in between 2 of their shades.  Other than that, the foundation had a really nice finish, and when I see old photos of myself wearing that foundation it looks so nice and makes me want to try it again lol, but I know the lack of oil control will still be an issue.

Missie772

(0) Hearts

My first venture into liquid foundations was the MAC Counter. I tried the Face & Body, Studio Sculpt, and the Studio Fix Powder.

I hated the Studio Sculpt! It was so thick and cakey looking. It was so weird that it looked so thick on but yet you could still see my hyper pigmentation through it. I returned it.

Face & Body is actually pretty good. It doesn't break me out and the coverage is buildable. I found other foundations I liked better so I ended up giving it away to my sister. But when I visited her in TX, I saw it on her vanity and used it again just for fun.

Studio Fix Powder is the only one that I kept. Lol... I actually don't use it as a powder foundation because I need more coverage. I use it as a setting powder and take it out to the bars with me to touch up. It is cheap and so I don't feel bad if I drop it or lose it in the bathroom or bar. And two it provides good coverage when you need to touch up because I danced too much and sweated away my makeup.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I know many people that use Studio Fix but I guess it really depends on your skin. It broke me out HORRIBLY! Foundation is one of those things though that it really depends on each person. If I had a gift card, I would go straight for the brushes :smileywink: I went in yesterday and headed straight to the beakers and when asked if I needed help, NOPE I know what I need hehe.

Carmen1986

(0) Hearts

Hey Kiki,

When I had used Studio Fix Powder it was pre-transition and it was also when I was in a ' goth ' like phase. I owned 2 shades at the time NC15 & Shivering White. I found it was hell on my face back then and vowed never to use it again. However I am willing to give it another shot and get properly color matched too. I never used any other foundations from M.A.C aside from the Face & Body which is such a good product, reminds me of my MUFE F&B minus the gel texture. I've heard A LOT of horror stories about their foundations breaking people out and I have sensitive skin, can be prone to the odd blemish too. I don't like their sample size jars because a tiny little jar can't give you enough product to play with. I own some of their brushes and I actually prefer the Sephora Collection to the M.A.C ones to be honest. I own the #'s 219, 224, 239, 242, 217 and their not bad eye brushes. I do find the prices of some makeup brushes to be far too expensive. It's nice to actually be asked if you wanna have help. I go into some of these places and they either give me a dirty look or don't acknowledge me unless I am at checkout. My last visit to M.A.C was on a super busy day and I asked for primer samples and she gave me 1 microscopic squirt in a jar and im like... WOW...you really are so friendly.. NOT. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 7 in conversation
    • mrscoco
    • beautylovingirl
    • Missie772
    • DesertRose0706
    • Kiki1517
    • Carmen1986