spudette

Looking for full coverage foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I am in my mid 40's and have been using Bare Minerals for several years. The Bare Minerals seems to accentuate the dryness on my cheeks and doesn't do much for the little lines in my skin (avoiding the word 'wrinkles' because I am too young for those!). I would love to find a foundation that makes my skin look dewey and radiant instead of dull and dry. Is that possible at this age?!? :smileyhappy:

spudette

Re: Looking for full coverage foundation

(0) Hearts

UPDATE: I ended up trying the Amazonian Clay by Tarte and I love it. Moisturizing, full coverage, buildable and stays on all day. I am surprised when i get home from spinning and it is still in place. Love it! 

xali

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I used to use Bare Minerals but also had the same issue because I have really dry skin. I now use several Mary Kay products which really work well for my face which are listed below. The foundation goes on so smooth and looks natural and doesnt make your skin look dry.

1. Primer (Foundation Primer Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 15) and love the fact that it has sunscreen in it because I am very fair skinned.

2. TimeWise® Luminous-Wear® Liquid Foundation (For Normal to Dry skin). I apply this with the liquid foundation brush.

jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

If you have normal or dry skin, I'd use YSL's Touche Eclat foundation in a heartbeat.  That stuff is gorgeous on!  (I'd wear it, but I have oily skin.).  

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Of course it's possible to find a foundation like that. I would recommend that you come away from full coverage with these I think their heavier and if you don't have scars or acne that your trying to cover up look into Dior's Nude Foundation or YSL's Touche Éclat foundation and also I agree that with @starletta8 use a primer under your foundation to help with your glow also look at Dior Airflash foundation it gives a beautiful flawless finish that holds up well. Also look at MUFE's HD finishing powder for that perfect finish it's my personal fave.  Hope this helps!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

have you tried mufe hd foundation? that one keeps me dewy all day. for very full coverage, i use kevyn aucoin sensual skin enhancer but i think its a little much for everyday. on the other hand, you can sheer it out with your favorite moisturizer or primer to achieve a more medium coverage with a dewier finish.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

For a dewy finish, try Tarte's Maracuja foundation, it's buildable coverage for ultimate flexibility in wear, gives skin a soft and hydrated look (helps to condition and nourish), and is long wearing.

The suggestion for their Amazonian Clay version is wonderful as well. That one offers fuller coverage right out the gate, but has more of a matte finish (but still not drying).

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Absolutely!

Do you use a primer under your foundation? That can help with texture, to start.

I love Bobbi Brown and NARS foundations- I find that they're hydrating and there are a variety of finishes.

spudette

(0) Hearts

I use Prime Time by Bare Escentuals. Thank you for the suggestions!

LKuhle

I just dicovered Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage and loooove it. It's very natural looking while also providing great long lasting coverage. I just apply a thin layer and then buff in with a brush because I don't really need the "full coverage" aspect of it, but it's very buildable. Plus, it lasts all day. I cannot recommend it enough.

annonymous1

also! it does alot for dryness, its made with amazonian clay! so even after you wash it off your skin feels hydrated and soft.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • annonymous1
    • jennypenny1995
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8
    • ghkim