alyssapie

Looking for a proper contour powder!

(0) Hearts

I am looking and looking and I am about to give up!

I need a contour shade that is brown-gray, maybe a mushroomy type or taupe shade. It can be any type of powder as long as it is matte and can be purchased at Sephora. I am not interested in bronzers, those will not work for contouring. Thanks everyone!

Cherylanney

Re: Looking for a proper contour powder!

(0) Hearts

Nars has a really nice contour color in the *Limited Edition Cheek Palette. There are 6 beautiful shades, 5 blush and a nice contour color. You might want to check it out. It's a bit pricey though if you are still "sampling". It's $65 and worth the money but its a lot to pay when you don't know if it will work for you. I love Nars, it stays on and lasts. Good luck hun. :smileyhappy:

jxw200

(0) Hearts

while the nars palette is fun, the shade in there is laguna, which is one of their bronzers and it isn't matte. I'm not sure that is what you are looking for alyssapie! but it may be worth checking out if you are looking for blushes! :smileyhappy: 

Nicrohr

Choc Soleil was good but I am too sensitive to the (yummy) fragrance.

I also second the Anastasia pallette tho I haven't used it yet bc it's brand new!

MAC Sculpt (a great taupe), and the also there is a darker shade, these are matte, buildable and AWESOME for contouring.  I realize you said only purchase-able at Sephora, but maybe this will help someone else :smileywink:.  Also Kevyn Acoin sculpting powder is great.  Both of these are matte and neutral brown - not orange, red, or shimmery.

lilahtov

If you're interesting in something brand-new, I know Anastasia Beverly Hills is coming out with a new contour kit. It sounds lovely, and it's a very good deal--plus, according to what I've read, the pans are refillable. I don't know when it will go live on Sephora, but I know it'll be on the ABH website in just a few days. :smileyhappy:

jxw200

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oooo I haven't heard about this yet! Can't wait to see it!

EDIT: just saw the thread about it, found the picture on instagram, saw it on their website, which says it is available... but once you click on it, it isn't. Sad! lol

sydneyr

(0) Hearts

The Too Faced Chocolate Soleil has worked well for me!

doriangray

(0) Hearts

Bare Minerals is a good bet too.

doriangray

(0) Hearts

It's hard to find non-sparkly bronzers, so I avoid them for contouring.  One day I had this epiphany that I could use up my too-dark foundation for this, and it worked great!  

When I'm done with the bottle I'm going to switch to a powder foundation.  Either way, you should get more product for your money and be able to find a cool tone 2 shades darker than your skin.  Try Clinique.

poshified

(0) Hearts

-NYX Taupe

-Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder

-Dolce and Gabbana "Blush" in Tan (availabe at Sephora!)

alyssapie

(0) Hearts

Thanks...this is so frustrating. So far I think I'm gonna try NYX blush in taupe since it's only $5. I'm gonna look up the ones you suggested. There are some interesting options from Ben Nye as well. Keep your eyes open! 

WittyW

I agree with jxw200, Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder in medium is great. Unfortunately Sephora doesn't carry it. 

The only thing that Sephora carries that might work is a cream product--Illamasqua's Cream Pigment in Hollow. 

jxw200

(0) Hearts

oh yes! good call. :smileyhappy: I forgot about that one. always wanted to try it!

jxw200

(0) Hearts

maybe try a matte eyeshadow in the shade you are thinking of? I can't think of a contour powder that sephora carries that fits that description. I've definitely used matte eyeshadows for contour before!

I like chanel notorious, which was LE, and kevyn aucoin sculpting powder... neither of which sephora carry. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 3 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • alyssapie
    • jxw200
    • poshified
    • doriangray
    • WittyW
    • sydneyr