jellymonster

Looking for a new foundation?

[ Edited ]

I worked at Sephora not to long ago until I moved. I would love to help anyone out if they have any questions about foundations! 

I've worked with just about every foundation at Sephora on clients skin. If I could tell you the one I worked with most by request and love, it would have to be the popular Makeup Forever HD Foundation!

lylysa

Re: Looking for a new foundation?

(0) Hearts

What type of finish are you wanting?

Matte, satin, dewy? 

For something that won't play up your skin's sensitivities, try Tarte's Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation, the formula is long wearing, the clay aspect will absorb and control oil, plus it doesn't have parabens and other synthetic filler ingredients.

http://www.sephora.com/amazonian-clay-12-hour-full-coverage-foundation-spf-15-P302918?skuId=1393370

It gives a natural finish and even has SPF protection!

dulcedm

(0) Hearts

Hi first time doing this thought it would be useful for my problem. I am also looking for a foundation I have dry/sentive skin with some redness, I have been l looking for one that covers well and helps with the dryness, asy sugesstions? thanks

lylysa

(0) Hearts

For dry and sensitive skin that is prone to redness, try Clinique's Redness Solutions Foundation:

http://www.sephora.com/redness-solutions-makeup-spf-15-with-probiotic-technology-P271903?skuId=12710...

It won't clog pores, it's oil free, and has SPF protection too! It gives a natural finish with light to medium coverage so it's very wearable rather than cakey or too over done looking.

Try pairing it with Smashbox's Green Photo Finish Primer, it'll help neutralize some of the redness so you don't have to solely rely on foundation to get the coverage and evening out you need!

http://www.sephora.com/photo-finish-color-correcting-foundation-primer-P78811?skuId=1350032

KatvonP

(0) Hearts

Hi there.. First time poster here...I do have a foundation question. I am NW18and was recently matched at sephora  BD40 with YSL Touché Éclat Foundation. I said it looked too yellow but ultimately was excited to try it so I bought it. the color is completely wrong..it makes me look grey. My guess is I need a B rather than a BD shade since it has pink undertones? I like the finish and would like to get this in a correctly matched shade. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Thanks.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

If you're referring to Beige Dore 40 and find it too pink, it may be oxidizing on your skin as that shade has more golden beige undertones.

I looked up a swatch of NW 18, try Beige Rose 30 or Beige 30, which going off of color swatch images alone come closer to NW 18.

Try to post a photo of yourself in natural lighting and no flash so we can get a better look at your complexion for a closer match.

KatvonP

Thank you so much! I will go get matched with those two shades. Appreciate your help! 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

You're very welcome, hun! :smileyvery-happy:

marilucyy

(0) Hearts

Hello! I've been using MAC since high school, I am now 22 and I feel my skin has aged dramatically. My skin is now dull, lifeless, and lately ive experience light breakouts on my forehead. I am looking for a  foundation that will hydrate and just make my skin look radiant while providing coverage. A foundation that will help my skin not age it so fast! Is there a type of foundation like that? I am so used to what I've been using that I don't know whats out there! By the way, I have combination skin. 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Try a foundation that offers buildable coverage such as Urban Decay's Naked Skin Foundation (Google "Urban Decay Naked Skin Chart" and it'll pull up a page from the UD site that has a shade chart with photos of models wearing the shades to make it a bit easier to color match yourself) as it's packed with humenctants like sodium hyluronate which binds healthy moisture to skin, plus antioxidants and skin conditioners to give skin a more radiant glow and protect! It has a dewy-matte finish so it won't look heavy or too made up on skin, giving a more natural glow.

You can also try Tarte's Maracuja Foundation, packed with a healthy, botanical based oil (Maracuja) which is antioxidant rich and free of many fillers so you're wearing a more simplified formula, perfect for dealing with minor breakouts and helping to rejuvenate the skin.

GabGab96

(0) Hearts

I have dry skin with an oily T-zone (so combo) and i want a new foundation that is medium to full coverage that is long wearing (wont sweat away) and will not look cakey, any suggestions? 

jellymonster

Heres a few reccomendations-

Illamasqua skin base-It looks like you're wearing nothing but your skin, but has amazing coverage

Guerlain Invisble Wear

Makeup Forever Matt velvet +

Try a few of these, get them as samples at Sephora! Make you sure are color matched first. Also, I suggest for your t-zone use a setting powder like the news Nars pressed transulcent setting powder. It is amazing at setting makeup and absorbing excess oil. 

shaniceee

Hey! I have combination/dry skin that's also acne prone and have eczema on my face, so pretty much unstable skin! I'm looking for a foundation that is not too heavy but will hide my acne scars and even out my skin tone.

I've been looking at Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Foundation, but haven't 100% decided to purchase it. What foundation products would you recommend?

Thank you for any and all of your help! : )

jellymonster

(0) Hearts

I suggest getting color matched with at least 3 foundations at Sephora and ask for samples! The Kat Von D foundation is great coverage but if you don't use it in small small amounts it will easily look cakey. 

Illamasqua skin base is amazing as well as Makeup Forever HD Foundation.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

I think you shouls also checkout out the Kat Von D it provides great coverage without feeling heavy. Hope this helps!

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Though the UD Naked Skin foundation is a nice, buildable formula with skin loving benefits, you can also try looking into Tarte's Maracuja Foundation. It's infused with maracuja oil (safe for skin, won't clog pores as its a botanical based oil) to hydrate, condition, and nourish skin while providing a smooth, natural finish. It's great for dry, dehydrated, and sensitive skin types and will help balance out the state of your skin.

It comes in various shades with neutral undertones to help calm and soothe the redness from your acne and eczema.

http://www.sephora.com/maracuja-miracle-foundation-12-hour-broad-spectrum-spf-15-P375297?skuId=14372...

Tarte is an overall, excellent line to go the more natural-skin-friendly route, they use mineral based pigments, and leave lots of filler ingredients like parabens and synthetic additives out.

Candy357

I'm using the Kat Von D, it's really nice!

lylysa

I agree, Kat really hit it on the head and made a quality product when she launched Lock It!

Ummaani

Actually i donthave any foundation now because i tried alot but i could not find a good one.I'm asian and my skin is combinition skin  means dry around the lip and my cheek andforhead area is oily.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Granted that you don't have any foundation you currently use, what would you want if you could find a foundation to suit your needs?

What type of coverage or finish do you like? If you're looking for recommendations, give us some more info on your preferences and we can help!

Watsizzle

hello! I've been using a mineral-based liquid foundation [company no longer makes the make-up line] & it's more neutral/beige/pink tone [which matches my skin SO well; I've used tarte's Amazonian Clay Foundation in Tan in the summer months, which seemed to lean a tad more with a yellow tone, but worked fine since I had a good tan. Anyway, now that it's winter, the foundation I was using before is almost gone; but I swear all tarte foundations are yellow based! I couldn't find one that seemed more neutral... at least with their Maracuja foundation. [I didn't try the Amazonian clay...yet]. Anyway, do you know which makeup line to try that might suit my more neutral/cool-toned skin, and is mineral based/not having parabens, etc?? 

lylysa

Try looking at Amazing Cosmetics' Velvet Mineral Foundation. It's paraben sulfate, synthetic color/fragrance, petrochemical, GMOs, and triclosan free.

http://www.sephora.com/velvet-mineral-liquid-custom-finish-foundation-spf-15-P312404?skuId=1411990

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 98 replies
  • 70 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • katie1724
    • kenny
    • sephoramusthave
    • shaniceee
    • jellymonster