catiez

Looking for a good hydrating foundation

(0) Hearts

I have tried a bunch of foundations and have not been completely happy with any of them. I want to try the Givenchy foundations and wonder what others think of them. In particular, which of the 2 are more hydrating?

I ma interested in light-medium coverage but no heavier

lylysa

Re: Looking for a good hydrating foundation

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Urban Decay's Naked Foundation contains sodium hyaluronate which binds moisture to skin drawn from the atmosphere and has a light, satin-matte finish for natural, breathable coverage.

Urban Decay - Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup

(Google "Urban Decay Naked Skin Chart" and it'll pull up a site that showcases not only color swatches but images of women to their coordinating shade to better assist with finding your color match)

Tarte's Maracuja Foundation contains a blend of anti-oxidant and fatty acid rich maracuja oil (passion fruit extract) along with sodium hyaluronate and vitamin E to hydrate and condition skin:

Tarte - Maracuja Miracle Foundation 12-Hour Broad Spectrum SPF 15

In regards to Givenchy, I would suggest the Teint Couture Long Wearing over the Photo Perfexion. The PP foundation seems to focus more on blurring/minimizing imperfections while the TC formula focuses on having skin look radiant with a satin finish, which is customarily associated with more moisturizing foundations. Neither one specifically highlights being particularly or specifically moisturizing, so you might want to grab a couple of samples in comparison to the two options above and see how they wear on your skin and what you ultimately decide upon.

Givenchy - Teint Couture Long-Wearing Fluid Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 20

aviscardi

I love your info Lylysa!! :smileyhappy:

I have combo skin but find myself a little dry in some areas, so i love the UD naked!  so lightweight and airy.

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

My cousin was recently looking for a switch from her usual matte, full coverage foundation and I got her the UD Naked and she's really enjoying the transition. She says she feels like there's nothing on her face to the point she wonders if she's even applying enough, but to her surprise she's still wearing product! :smileyhappy:

@ Aviscardi, I'm glad the UD Naked works for you, if you like that formula but find it too hydrating or dewy ever, try Smashbox's Liquid Halo, it's also very light weight with light/medium coverage and the gel-based pigments in the formula keep things from getting too heavy and works well for oily/combination portions or skin. It's not as hydrating as the Naked, but if you feel your skin doesn't need the added moisturizing benefit all the time, the Liquid Halo could work!

aviscardi

[ Edited ]

I heard that one was good too, shades of kassie has a demo coming up i believe. I probably would have tried it too if it weren't for me spontaneously going into macys, thinking i could get a sample and walking out with a full size chanel perfection lumiere lol! and i already have 4 fdns and 2 bbs. and i have 2bbs that i stopped wearing because they're too matte for me now, the bobbi brown and tarte bb tinted primer. i wish my friends matched because one is lighter and the other is darker.

the most matte fdn i own is probably the mufe mat velvet and i just apply it with a bb to add some moisture, i just mattify with powder. all my other fdns are mostly satin or natural finishes

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • catiez
    • lylysa