beauty321

Looking for a foundation for prom!

I have been on vacation for a week or so and have gotten a fairly good tan, so I'm a little confused on how I should get a shade match for prom (which is about three weeks after I get home) I'm looking for a medium coverage very natural finish foundation, any suggestions? I don't like a very matte finish, prefer to look a little dewy, but I have semi oily skin, so I also need nice staying power. I'm going to Sephora in a few days and hope to have a little more of an idea of what I should look at. Any suggestions will help! Thank you guys!!
btmod2

Re: Looking for a foundation for prom!

(0) Hearts

Hi beauty321,

I would recommend waiting until about a week before prom to select your foundation. It's too hard to predict how much your tan will fade in the 3 weeks leading up to prom, so I would just wait until it is closer to the event date to purchase your foundation for the big event. :smileyhappy:

I recommend trying Laura Mercier's Silk Creme Foundation. It is a very natural looking foundation that has about a medium coverage. It does not dry completely matte, so it is the perfect foundation if you would like to look a little bit dewy. 

I recommend using a primer with the foundation for optimal results. My favorite foundation primer to use with the Silk Creme Foundation is Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer. This primer will make your skin look radiant and give you a lit-from-within glow. I hope this helps! Have fun on your big day!

Best,

Randee

MDinMD

(0) Hearts

You should try Sephoras Perfection Mist Airbrush Foundation! It is not cakey, leaves a nice satin finish, does not look flat and has medium coverage. It is buildable and photographs well! Definitely take a look at it when you get to Sephora. Ask one of the employees to swatch you. I usually spray it on a kabuki brush and buff it on my face - flawless! Good luck!

http://www.sephora.com/perfection-mist-airbrush-foundation-P381155?skuId=1507367

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I would suggest MUFE HD or NARS Sheer Glow. Both have a medium buildable coverage that sets to a satin finish. If you have any dry flakes, these two will accentuate them, so be sure to exfoliate and moisturize before. Both look very natural on the skin and lasts all day. Both have a great range of colors to choose from too.

1SultrySCENTNut

(0) Hearts

I very rarely wear cover up, I wear BB crean and CC cream most of the time, but i do have Cover up and Foundation for those days/nights I want to wear it. I have tried many types and brands, and the best I have found so far is made by PETER THOMAS ROTH. It is not just a foundation, it is very good for your skin, since I tried it a few times by samples, I went ahead and purchased a bottle and I now wear foundation more than I ever have in my entire life! With the PTR brand you do not even need a primer and it is very, very easily blendable. ( I have been wearing make up for  - give or take a few - 26 long years ! and the Peter Thomas Roth brand has brought foundation back into my make up cases and rotations ) :smileyhappy:

Good luck and I hope you have one of the most beautiful and memorable moments of your life !

daeidre

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay Naked Skin is very good and has a nice natural finish. It starts off fairly light coverage but is definitely buildable. I also really love Illamasqua Skin Base, which has heavier coverage (I often mix with moisturiser for a lighter coverage) but still a nice natural finish. Your best bet is probably just to go in and get shade matched. Ask lots of questions about the finish, staying power and texture of different foundations. Because you want the extra durability you might want to look into a setting powder (especially for the t-zone), primer or setting spray. These can really give your foundation that extra lasting power and can also help you adjust to get the finish you want.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • beauty321
    • daeidre
    • andyhtrieu
    • 1SultrySCENTNut
    • MDinMD