rtista

Long wearing blush for summer?

Hi!  I'm looking for some recommendations on some really long-wearing blush for the hot summer weather.  Perhaps one that will survive if I go hiking (there's always a camera, haha), or at the beach, or even while walking through the city to during my work day.  Would a cheek stain be a good idea?  A powder blush? 

(I guess I should mention that I have super oily skin, though I use a mattifying primer and moisturizer to control it).  I've been using two different drug store blushes that just don't seem to have much staying power.  Any recommendations?  :smileyhappy:

lahnnabell

Re: Long wearing blush for summer?

(0) Hearts

I've had major success with Benefit's Benetint.  The stain goes on super smooth and it looks really natural.  I put on a few small dashes, then blend it with my middle finger over my apples moving up to my temple.  Sometimes I pair it with a light bronzer if I feel a bit feisty.

rtista

(0) Hearts

Wow, such amazing suggestions, thanks everyone!  I ordered a travel size of the Tarte cheek stain and the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush, so I'll try those out and see if they can stand my long work days and warm weather.  :smileyhappy:

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blushes

Benefit Fine One One, easy to reapply but very long lasting

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

Another one for Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes! They really do last all night. Sometimes I'll layer powder blush with a cream/gel underneath, like the smashbox o-glow http://www.sephora.com/o-glow-intuitive-cheek-color-with-goji-berry-c-complex-P174211?skuId=986836 

redrose04

(0) Hearts

I just started buying mufe blush as my collection but I haven't used it that much so not sure yet if it's good. does it last like tarte's blush.

katie1724

(0) Hearts

I totally agree with Lylysa -- Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes were my first thought upon reading your post. They really are long-wearing, and a little goes such a long way (they last for ages). The colors are so beautiful, too! My favorites are Natural Beauty (a light strawberry red), Flush (a purpley pink) and Dollface (light pink). Definitely worth the investment :smileyhappy:

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

I like cream blushes in the summer because they make your cheeks look glowy and not shiney/sparkly/cakey. I like stila convertible colors, nars cream blush (the one in the pan, not the multiple), and Josie maran color sticks.

casigray

(0) Hearts

I have super oily skin also, and I have found that using a cream blusher works best for me. I LOVE Stila Convertible color- it is on of my HG products! It doesn't move or melt off of cheeks and you can use it on lips also.

lylysa

One word...Tarte...second and third words....Amazonian Clay.

Those blushes are amazing and so long wearing! They give a beautiful flush to the skin that is soft and allows for a gradual build up of color if needed. They may look super bright in the packaging, but they're so gorgeous on!

I'm a fan of Blissful (a matte peachy/coral pink), Tipsy (matte peach, perfect for fair skin or those with redness or pink undertones they don't want to enhance), and Blushing Bride (soft neutral plum/mauve color with warm golden shimmer that's very subtle).

rtista

(0) Hearts

I've definitely considered trying those blushes, I don't know why I haven't yet.  The colors are so pretty, thanks for the recommendation!  

Tarte also makes a cheek stain, anyone know if that's good for summer and oily skin?

lylysa

(0) Hearts

No prob! From my experiences, the cheek stains are a gel-like solid so they work for oily skin too, you can dust them down with a powder blush or translucent powder to help them settle a bit quicker since they do leave a slightly dewy finish upon initial application.

I know some the shades are the same for their stains and powder so you can coordinate and layer for extra long wearing power!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 9 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • casigray
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoramusthave
    • sephoralovex
    • rtista