HMNewbie

Line filler...?

Okay, if you don't care about the background, skip down.  The story is that a make-up artist for an actress I really like went on the record as to what she uses for this actress in great detail, down to the Chanel palette for the eyes.  Great and wondrous.  I can't wear this woman's colors.  My skin tone is wrong.  My eyes are wrong.  My hair color is wrong.  Okay, I can get past all that, but....

She said that she uses La Prairie Rose Illusion as a line filler, then MUFE HD primer.  I know Sephora carries MUFE (found that primer - great).  But everything I read about this La Prairie says that it's got all these spheres and diffuses the light so lines aren't as visible, etc. etc.  I want that.  But I don't want to pay $135 to find out it doesn't work.  I think there's a lot of silicone in this primer.  What's comparable?  Is that even good for my skin?

I currently use Benefit Porefessional and I'm reasonably happy with it.  My make up goes on smooth and lasts pretty well, but it definitely doesn't to a thing for my fine lines and texture issues. 

Anybody?

lylysa

Re: Line filler...?

(0) Hearts

Keely actually just mentioned the Nars Face Prep in a thread where a user wanted to address her pitted acne scars. This is a thicker primer/product (can be used in targeted spots along with your regular primer) that helps form more of a barrier over uneven texture in skin.

swfupload_289229762111284626.jpg

And keeping with the lines of skin care like what Beautylovingirl posted below about the Korres filler, Kate Somerville's HydraKate Line Release Serum works to soften the appearance and texture of lines prior to make up application with the use of multiple peptide complexes, hyaluronic acid, and algae extracts.

swfupload_477547505452887060.jpg

beautylovingirl

I'm not sure about this because it's new but you may want to check into it:

Korres Quercetin &Oak Instant Wrinkle Filler

s1539873-main-hero[1].jpg

consolvo

Nice find, beautylovingirl! I need to get a sample of that next time I'm in a store.

prettyinpa

[ Edited ]

Give a try to L'Oreal Revitalift Miracle Blur.  I like it even better than Benefit Porefessional, and it really fills my fine lines and aging pores. Plus it's ridiculously cheap, I think it's around $20 at Target and I got a coupon, so it was $16. It does contain silicone, but I've found that most primers/fillers do, so since I want the filling effect, that's the way I go.

I've tried a couple of La Prairie products, though not the Illusion filler, and found them to be nice, but not worth the inflated cost.

PoshDarling

I've never tried La Prairie Rose Illusion, so I can't say whether it's worth the hefty price tag, but I would recommend getting a sample so that you can see how your skin reacts, how it works for you, before investing in the full size product.  

I did a quick Google search and it looked like Nordstrom and Neimans both carried it, but it is no longer available. Not sure if that's just online or in-store also, but it doesn't hurt to call and see what a La Prairie salesperson says, maybe they can make/ship you a sample or recommend something even better.

Some other suggestions, in case it doesn't work out with La Prairie, the slightly less expensive Clé de Peau Beauté Smoothing Base for Lines ($76), Boots No.7 Photofix Filler and Primer ($20), and Lise Watier Base Lift Eclat ($34).

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • prettyinpa
    • consolvo
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • HMNewbie
    • PoshDarling