emajem666

Laura Mercier Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer

(0) Hearts

I need some help! I want to know which I should get...the Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation or her tinted moisturizer? I've heard so many good things about the foundation, but not too much about the tinted moisturizer. My skin type is normal to dry with a few blemishes here and there and sometimes enlarged pores. However, I don't always need a full coverage foundation. At the same time, I usually wear tinted moisturizers and BB creams in the summer and am wondering if I should start using more foundations into fall and winter? Thoughts?  

waterbaby1981

Re: Laura Mercier Foundation vs. Tinted Moisturizer

(0) Hearts

I use the Oil Free version of LM's tinted moisturizer and have for years.  What's nice is you don't need too much, but it does have buildable coverage if you want it.  I've never had any issues with it.  It does have mostly sheerer coverage, but like another poster, I don't really like how foundation feels on my skin (although Chanel's Vitalumiere Aqua foundation feels more like a TM than foundation).  For a primer I tend to use LM Radiance primer or her new primer with SPF 20 and then set with her Loose Setting Powder.  LOVE!

For what it's worth, this makeup line and the products I just listed are what I wore on my wedding day in the middle of July and dead of summer.  It did NOT move.  This was in 2006.

rumbalove

(0) Hearts

I used the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer oil free. I have some  enlarge pores around my nose and the foundation make it noticeable. you can use a primer then the tinted moisturizer oil free my face looks healthy and with a glow with this! I hate the feeling of heavy foundation. 

mberteig

(0) Hearts

It all depends on how much coverage you want.  I found the tinted moisturizer to have very little coverage, while the Silk Creme foundation covered very well (I have redness on my nose, chin and cheeks that I want to cover up and it worked well for that).

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • mberteig
    • waterbaby1981
    • rumbalove
    • emajem666