JayNet123

LAURA MERCIER: Ingredients

(0) Hearts

I am honestly really bothered, i purchased her tinted mouisterizer (meh) and silk creme foundation that I really like. For some reason, they use an ingredient called UREA, which is basically a prelude to urine. NOW, that being said, it is produced synthetically to moisturize skin. I still find it strange and a little gross. I have also heard rumors that it is carcinogenic. What do you guys think about them having this as an ingredient?

DTalksAll

Re: LAURA MERCIER: Ingredients

I get excited when I see Urea listed in the ingredients. It's a synthetic humectant & exfoliator. 

I suggest you do a little google research & not be so grossed out. 

garnett

[ Edited ]

I agree with you Dannyc- it's a great ingredient.  It is the main ingredient in my favorite foot balm, Flexitol, as well as many other products that exfoliate and moisturize. It is synthetic but even if it was cow urine remember that urine is basically sterile unless it is coming from a creature with a bladder infection.  EWW! hahaha  I don't think LM is pouring that into her tinted moisturizer. 

What is a prelude to urine?  Water!  

Before you get yourself all upset by "rumors" do a little research online and put your mind at ease.  A post like this gets people all upset because you say words like carcinogen without anything to back it up.  I suggest you Keep Calm and Research On!

bellamiss

(0) Hearts

I have actually seen it listed as an ingredient in many products over the years. I believe it is cow urine. A little gross, yes, but I'm sure we come across worse things on a regular basis that we aren't even aware of!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I did a little research on it. It is found in more than just beauty products! It is found in baby wipes, household detergents and bubble baths.It's also found in facial cleansers and tanning lotions & cuticle removers. 

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

It really is in a lot of things. It's really nothing to worry about because avoiding it would be extremely hard. I wish I could do more research at the moment but I'm only near my iPhone which isn't fast since I'm not on wifi but I intend to do some more detailed research on it. 

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

I'm in the middle of working on a presentation for tomorrow, so research isnt the best idea right now haha but, I did look at the ingredients for the silk creme foundation, since I was looking at purchasing it tomorrow. I did not see it in the ingredients list..

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Okay! I saw it at the end of the list. I also found out it releases formaldehyde which is a known human carcinogen. I'm unsure how I feel about this. Formaldehyde is released naturally and by other products and can cause cancer, but I feel like this is not the only thing that contains it as part of the ingredients.. So in order to avoid it, you would have to read EVERY label of stuff you already own and new stuff you buy. That sounds kinda crazy.

arielaaaaaaaa

So many things are carcinogens its hard to avoid them all. If you worry about everyone of them you'll go nuts. 

arielaaaaaaaa

Well I did alittle research on it. if you type in urea in makeup on google. A website called the beauty brain will come up and they had some great insight on it. In short, it's nothing to worry about. I don't see it as gross since it is synthetically made.as far as it being a carcinogen, I don't know if I would change up things I loved to avoid it, if your worried about it at all you may want to look into avoiding it. And it brings up a good point to do some research on the ingredients in things you use and love. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • garnett
    • kissXmakeup
    • JayNet123
    • bellamiss