infinitise

Korres or Tarte primers?

(0) Hearts

Hey everyone, 

I've been feeling like my current primer is part of the culprit for breaking me out :smileysad: (I use a Korean brand for primers - The face shop, Banila co especially) 

the blue smashbox also broke me out. 

I would love to get the mineral veil, but its honestly way too expensive in Canada (I usually buy most of my makeup when I go home during breaks, but didn't get a primer this time.. in the mineral veil from hourglass in Canada is way too expensive) 

So I'm looking for another alternative. A good "safer" primer. 

I've been reading reviews for Korres and Tarte but they only have 4 stars and I'm not fully convinced... but I do have to keep in mind that there are pessimists... and dry skin people using primers made for oily skin. 

Any thoughts on primers for combination skin and for someone who wears makeup for at least... 6~8 hours if not 12.. 

I use sheer glow foundation from NARS, Guerlain lingerie de peau, LM tinted moisturizer, and a cushion foundation 

IAmLadyLiterary

Re: Korres or Tarte primers?

(0) Hearts

I love Tarte's Flawless primer when I am feeling more dry because it is definitely hydrating but it also makes sure my face isn't too oily from all the hydrators I put on it.  I also love Too Faced's Primed and Poreless for smooth flawless skin. 

Urbie

(0) Hearts

Tarte's primer feels greasy on my skin.  I got a deluxe sample of Hourglass, and it is the best for my skin, but it is soo expensive so I only use my sample on days when I need my make up to last 8+ hours.  The primer I use on a regular basis is Too Faced.  I really like it- it does have a slightly oil-y finish, but it does not break me out.

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Hey  Vvib! :smileyhappy:

Primers also tend to break me out - however, I started using the Smashbox Blemish Control primer and I love it. It does NOT feel greasy at all and I love it.

michmo

(0) Hearts

I have combo skin that is leaning dry this winter.  However, I have sensitive skin that can breakout if it doesn't like a product.  This winter my makeup wasn't looking good so I started using the Korres Face Primer.  So far I've been pretty happy with it.  It helps my makeup last, but I'm not sure how it would do with an oily face.  The other thing I'll note is that the views from Paula's Choice, makes it sound like this one could be an issue for sensitive skin, although I personally haven't had an issue with it.  

http://www.sephora.com/face-primer-P235200?skuId=1150309

Another primer I wanted to suggest that is reviewed well by Paula's Choice is the Clinique Super Primer Universal.  That is next on my list.  There was recently a 100 pt perk of this too.  

http://www.sephora.com/superprimer-face-primer-universal-face-primer-P382504?skuId=1540202

nikki

(0) Hearts

I love Korres Mattifying Pomegranate Primer. It's got such a silky feel, and doesn't make my skin break out. It's very light feeling on the skin and not cakey or flaky when I apply my full coverage foundation over it. I definitely think it helped my foundation last all day.

I've never used a Tarte primer to compare. 

mityren

(0) Hearts

Me too. Korres Pomegranate is my HG. Followed closely by porefessional. I haven't tried Tarte either. 

infinitise

[ Edited ]

Thank you both so much!!

I tried a few of the Korres product the other day because an SA told me they were going out of stock except the pomegranate one actually :smileysad: 

I should go in and test the one product that I actually would have liked 

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

I have very sensitive skin and it seems like I will breakout using almost everything! But, Tarte's Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer works well for me and I do not breakout from it. :smileyhappy:

infinitise

Thank you for your suggestion!

Tarte is one of the "safer" brands, but I wasn't sure if their primers would do the job 

but now I know otherwise ! :smileyhappy: 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • nikki
    • marydiva
    • tracygirl64
    • mityren
    • Urbie